PFT: Ezekiel Elliott has privately said that he’s planning a training-camp*holdout

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

:lol

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I am told that everyone who says I am told are empty headed and know nothing more than the average 7-11 customer buying coffee. At Least this is what I am told.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Looks like Elliott's reps are banking on a huge fan swell of support for Elliott. I just don't see it.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Why do they think the fans matter? I can't see that mattering until they lose a real game, and I'd bet Zeke caves before that.

And Jerry still might not care what they think.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
For the first time in a long time I'm in Jerry's corner. Give him a take it or leave it deal. He can sign it, lose a game check every week, or play out his current contract.
​​​​​​Only snag on Jerry's end would be if Pollard can't handle the load and we end up 1-3 (or thereabouts). I honestly don't think we can recover from even 2-2. Schedule gets pretty brutal after week three.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Why do they think the fans matter? I can't see that mattering until they lose a real game, and I'd bet Zeke caves before that.

And Jerry still might not care what they think.
The two go hand in hand. Have Pollard come out and lay an egg, and they lose to the Giants...yeah, Jerry and Stephen will get a little nervous.

I will say this. If we were opening up against anyone other than the Giants, Dolphins and Redskins, this deal would already be done.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
The two go hand in hand. Have Pollard come out and lay an egg, and they lose to the Giants...yeah, Jerry and Stephen will get a little nervous.

I will say this. If we were opening up against anyone other than the Giants, Dolphins and Redskins, this deal would already be done.
Don't we still have Alfred Morris? I would hope he would be the starter. Can trust him in pass pro.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Don't we still have Alfred Morris? I would hope he would be the starter. Can trust him in pass pro.
I'm hoping Pollard starts. Morris isn't half the back Pollard is.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Then this would seem to mean that Zeke will not want to play in the opener to see if Pollard will lay an egg and the Team is maybe more supportive of getting Zeke back. If the Cowboys prevail then Zeke will be rethinking the strategy so maybe it’s gonna go longer than anticipated. Shades of Early Emmitt.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I'm hoping Pollard starts. Morris isn't half the back Pollard is.
Old crafty guy who's lost a step vs young athletic kid who needs to learn to block. Pluses and minuses. I would use them both.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Pollard and Morris together, not either or.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Old crafty guy who's lost a step vs young athletic kid who needs to learn to block. Pluses and minuses. I would use them both.
So, because of one play in a preseason game this kid all of a sudden can't block at all? I'm not convinced that's true.

Top Bottom