PFT: Ezekiel Elliott has privately said that he’s planning a training-camp*holdout

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Yep. They have nothing to run for. The prior performance was to get the big payday and once attained there must be a feeling of why should I bust my ass now?
That doesnt happen with just running backs so why offer a big contract to anybody? We can just fill our roster with Mahers and Heaths. Crap win totals all around but hey they bust their ass amd praise the owner.

Rev

Staff member
It might not be fair but most of the top NFL RBs who got the big contract have sort of sucked since.
Not just RBs. That happens across the board. Give me a better QB and I'm on board with a hard stance giving up wins to try to prove a point. Maybe not the games at the beginning but let's see about the hard ones.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not just RBs. That happens across the board. Give me a better QB and I'm on board with a hard stance giving up wins to try to prove a point. Maybe not the games at the beginning but let's see about the hard ones.
Yeah but go through the highest paid NFL RBs. It's pretty ugly. Of course some RBs like Zeke are already in the top 10 of pay. Same with Barkley.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I think Jerry believed this was mostly just posturing during training camp and with any decent contract Zeke would be here by now.

Now that he thinks regular season games are in jeopardy, he's pissed.

p1_

DCC 4Life

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think Jerry believed this was mostly just posturing during training camp and with any decent contract Zeke would be here by now.

Now that he thinks regular season games are in jeopardy, he's pissed.
Who wouldn’t be?

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
My biggest concern is that Garrett will have a built in excuse if we lose games without Zeke. "You can't fire me! I didn't have our best player!!"

p1_

DCC 4Life
My biggest concern is that Garrett will have a built in excuse if we lose games without Zeke. "You can't fire me! I didn't have our best player!!"
then Jones has already made his decision regarding Garrett.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I like Jerry’s tone. I’ve already soured on Elliot. It’s just not good business to pay running backs big money. They fall off too quickly and you end up feeling like your reimbursing them for back pay the last few years of their deals.

Nothing Jerry is saying is incorrect, Zeke doesn’t make or break the season. It’d be nice to have him, but at what price?

All he does is make Dak’s case for a bigger contract than he deserves, or helps anyway. Cooper does more than his share of earning Dak’s money, too.

Too bad Cooper isn’t holding out.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Keep hammering him, Jerry! Degrade that MFer through the media as much as possible.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So far Zeke is the only player on the roster who has shown that he won't honor his contract.
A few days ago not honoring his contract wasn’t a big deal when I brought it up. It was a big deal then and it’s a big deal now. It’s time for him to declare himself one way or another. He can still negotiate while honoring his commitment to his current contract. Jones has already said he was willing to renegotiate and made it a between now and later down the line happening and he has indicated it would be reasonable. TC is over and it’s time to get ready for the season so Elliot needs to show up and do what his prior commitment said he would.

Rev

Staff member
A few days ago not honoring his contract wasn’t a big deal when I brought it up. It was a big deal then and it’s a big deal now. It’s time for him to declare himself one way or another. He can still negotiate while honoring his commitment to his current contract. Jones has already said he was willing to renegotiate and made it a between now and later down the line happening and he has indicated it would be reasonable. TC is over and it’s time to get ready for the season so Elliot needs to show up and do what his prior commitment said he would.
They also told that to Lawrence and it wasn't until the last day that they did.

Top Bottom