Cowboys Unlikely To Extend Ezekiel Elliott?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I offered my reasons and supported it with stats. What have you offered and don’t give me the Super Bowl crap because the team won that trophy not Aikman.
The qb is the team. Fact is Romo is behind Danny White in Cowboys ranking

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Stats mean little. Especially single season stats, when looking at the grand scheme of things. Murray was a good running back. A very good running back, in fact. But he was not as good as Elliott.

Murray shot his wad that year for a 4.7 ypc avg, then fell off a cliff. Elliott has a career 4.7 yard avg.
I seriously doubt that Elliot could be subjected to the carries that Murray had and finish the season. Dallas would be stupid to put that load on him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I already said if and when Elliot reaches Murray’s record I will reconsider. Elliot hasn’t had the time yet to prove he will be used in the same way Murray was used. Put that saddle on his back then see how he holds up.
So ruin Zeke's body to prove a point? I mean shit, that's very selfish.

And again by your logic Murray is better than Emmitt Smith. Is that what you believe?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I seriously doubt that Elliot could be subjected to the carries that Murray had and finish the season. Dallas would be stupid to put that load on him.
Murray had Romo backing safeties off of him. Saints game in 2014 was a perfect example of it.

Zeke has done so much more himself than Murray did, and I think it’s cost him a lot physically.

The offense is going nowhere without Dak taking the next step and consistently passing to set up the run.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So ruin Zeke's body to prove a point? I mean shit, that's very selfish.

And again by your logic Murray is better than Emmitt Smith. Is that what you believe?
No. I already said Dallas would be crazy to put the load on him that they did with Murray. I don’t think he would hold up to that workload.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Murray had Romo backing safeties off of him. Saints game in 2014 was a perfect example of it.

Zeke has done so much more himself than Murray did, and I think it’s cost him a lot physically.

The offense is going nowhere without Dak taking the next step and consistently passing to set up the run.
While that may be a valid point, still the run had to be made and the contact was inevitable regardless of how far it might have gone..

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Murray only had that one year with over 300 rushes. Zeke has 2 of his 3 years so far and the other would have been had he not been suspended. I think he has handled the workload.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I’m not sure he is superior. If he takes over Murray’s team record then I would reconsider but for now Murray has the chips in his pocket.
his first 3 seasons have been superior, and when its said and done, Elliott will stand well above Murray. I hopeful and confident Zeke can enter the realm of one Emmitt Smith.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
This is funny. Murray isn't even close to Zeke as a player.

If you count off-field stuff and overall professionalism, that helps Murray a little. But it's still Zeke by a mile.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
I wonder about the shelf life of RBs these days, especially ones who relish the contact. Emmitt Smith chose discretion as the better part of valor in getting out of bounds at the expense of another yard or two at the end of a positive play. He lowered his head when he had to but not unnecessarily. The Gurley object lesson could factor in too. If Elliott's not due for a new deal for another two years, I could see some of the tread being worn off the tires by then. No wonder the Dallas "brain trust" is in no hurry to sign him to another deal.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
his first 3 seasons have been superior, and when its said and done, Elliott will stand well above Murray. I hopeful and confident Zeke can enter the realm of one Emmitt Smith.
There may come a time when Elliot accomplishes more than Murray did but he’s not there yet and this is what I said initially so let’s wait until he gets there.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
When has Jerry not signed a first rounder to an extension? I think Jenkins was the last one. You're asking him to do something totally out of character.

Rev

Staff member
There may come a time when Elliot accomplishes more than Murray did but he’s not there yet and this is what I said initially so let’s wait until he gets there.
In a storm I dont need the water to hit my face to know it's raining. There are things that you can tell beforehand and this is one of them.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You are assuming he will stay out of trouble, not get injured and the Team will be good enough to allow him to continue his quest . They might and we all hope that this occurs but right now it’s just a matter of personal preference rather than a player who has actually accomplished what some thinks he can. Yours truly included but he is still chasing the single season performance of Murray.

Rev

Staff member
L.T. Fan said:
You are assuming he will stay out of trouble, not get injured and the Team will be good enough to allow him to continue his quest . They might and we all hope that this occurs but right now it’s just a matter of personal preference rather than a player who has actually accomplished what some thinks he can. Yours truly included but he is still chasing the single season performance of Murray.
Not at all. Even in this 3 year stint he is a superior RB.

BTW the record that you keep bringing up is 200 more yards on 70 more carries. Do you think that Elliot could not surpass that record with 70 more rushes?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Not at all. Even in this 3 year stint he is a superior RB.
You know this. I know this. Everyone but LT knows this. And you know why?

One is a buckeye. The other a sooner.

There is your more than obvious answer.

p1_

DCC 4Life
You know this. I know this. Everyone but LT knows this. And you know why?

One is a buckeye. The other a sooner.

There is your more than obvious answer.
:picard

Top Bottom