2019 Cowboys Draft Chatter Thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well he isn’t so am I to take your word that he shouldn’t be a starter over the organizations determinationd?
The team didn't necessarily want him to be a starter. It's why they repeatedly tried to trade for Earl Thomas. It's also why I think Dallas is going to sign Earl Thomas to replace him in the starting lineup.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I guess we bring back Quincy since he was a starter, too. Just because this team stays with their players too long doesnt mean its the right way.
What kind of answer is that? I happen to like Heath and you don’t.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Well he isn’t so am I to take your word that he shouldn’t be a starter over the organizations determinationd?
Come on, now. Just because he is filling a starting spot, doesn't automatically make him starter quality. He is a starter right now, because the team hasn't been able to find an adequate replacement. We've filled a lot of holes the last couple years. His turn is coming.

Maybe names like Shante Carver, Ebenezer Ekuban, Clay Shiver, Dwayne Goodrich, Nick Hayden, etc... will help you understand. Guys that were "starters", but certainly didn't deserve the job based on their ability. Only that they weren't as smelly as the turds below them on the roster at the time.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Come on, now. Just because he is filling a starting spot, doesn't automatically make him starter quality. He is a starter right now, because the team hasn't been able to find an adequate replacement. We've filled a lot of holes the last couple years. His turn is coming.

Maybe names like Shante Carver, Ebenezer Ekuban, Clay Shiver, Dwayne Goodrich, Nick Hayden, etc... will help you understand. Guys that were "starters", but certainly didn't deserve the job based on their ability. Only that they weren't as smelly as the turds below them on the roster at the time.
I happen to like the kid. He has a ton of hustle and gives back a lot of effort. He makes a few mistakes but every player does. He has saved some games and has a hell of a good attitude. He’s the kind of player I would want on my team and that’s where I am coming from. I’ll take a lot of Heaths over the gifted high dollar goldbricks that are on the roster contributing zero to the team.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
What kind of answer is that? I happen to like Heath and you don’t.
Never said I didnt like him. Just that he is a backup on a team that I want going forward. Read NoDaks post. Its spot on as to what I was trying to convey.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
:lol

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I happen to like the kid. He has a ton of hustle and gives back a lot of effort. He makes a few mistakes but every player does. He has saved some games and has a hell of a good attitude. He’s the kind of player I would want on my team and that’s where I am coming from. I’ll take a lot of Heaths over the gifted high dollar goldbricks that are on the roster contributing zero to the team.
I like Heath, too. But I like the team more. And if we want to be a good team that contends for championships, he should not be starting for us. He's just not good enough to be an entrenched starter. Spot starter or a guy that gets snaps in sub packages? Sure. I've already said I like him as a back up and special teamer.

And we're not talking about your "high dollar goldbricks". That was not a part of the discussion. We're talking about Heath, his ability to tackle, and his place in the starting defense. Let's not construct strawmen so you can try and make Heath better than he really is. It's not like we have one of these 'goldbrickers' in our secondary that is taking Heath's playing time in the secondary, so it's a moot point.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I really should know better than this by now.
It's like a reverse Spags argument, "if he isn't good enough then why is he on the team"

I'm just gonna stay over here on the sideline and drink and laugh

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
A
I like Heath, too. But I like the team more. And if we want to be a good team that contends for championships, he should not be starting for us. He's just not good enough to be an entrenched starter. Spot starter or a guy that gets snaps in sub packages? Sure. I've already said I like him as a back up and special teamer.

And we're not talking about your "high dollar goldbricks". That was not a part of the discussion. We're talking about Heath, his ability to tackle, and his place in the starting defense. Let's not construct strawmen so you can try and make Heath better than he really is. It's not like we have one of these 'goldbrickers' in our secondary that is taking Heath's playing time in the secondary, so it's a moot point.
Damn. What a group of talented but wasted football GMs we have here. I see I’m out of my league even though I have been following professional football before there was a Super Bowl and even before there was faceguards on helmets. I don’t know how I got so far off track. Thanks for straightening me out.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
A

Damn. What a group of talented but wasted football GMs we have here. I see I’m out of my league even though I have been following professional football before there was a Super Bowl and even before there was faceguards on helmets. I don’t know how I got so far off track. Thanks for straightening me out.
Oh don't get butthurt. He didn't even personally attack you.

Yet.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
It's like a reverse Spags argument, "if he isn't good enough then why is he on the team"

I'm just gonna stay over here on the sideline and drink and laugh
Think I'll join you. I see that he's been watching football since before the super bowl and there were no face masks. That obviously changes everything. He's clearly smarter than all of us, and beyond reproach. Don't I feel foolish now.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Don't die on the Jeff Heath hill. At least pick someone more talented.

He is a backup on most other teams and should be here as well.
Marinelli died on the Chris Conte hill with the Bears and he is intent on doing it now.

But hey, the team determined he is their starting guy. Who are we to question that?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Because Free Agency and the salary cap?

There have to be some positions where you have hustling over-achievers vs. the truly talented.

If they hustle, stay healthy, are versatile, learn, and remain committed to the team it’s acceptable.

It can be argued we have a similar player behind center.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Because Free Agency and the salary cap?

There have to be some positions where you have hustling over-achievers vs. the truly talented.

If they hustle, stay healthy, are versatile, learn, and remain committed to the team it’s acceptable.

It can be argued we have a similar player behind center.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Okay guys. Let’s just say we disagree without all the kindergarten commentary.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Oh don't get butthurt. He didn't even personally attack you.

Yet.
I'm sorry, but the "yet" in your post made me chuckle.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Fucking just rename this the fucking Jeff Heath thread and start us a new one about the fucking draft.

Anyway, Malik Gant. Any of you draft savants know anything?

He's not where you'd like a safety to be in weight in the NFL, but the guy flies around making plays. At least at the CUSA level.

Anyone with anything else?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fucking just rename this the fucking Jeff Heath thread and start us a new one about the fucking draft.

Anyway, Malik Gant. Any of you draft savants know anything?

He's not where you'd like a safety to be in weight in the NFL, but the guy flies around making plays. At least at the CUSA level.

Anyone with anything else?
I'm guessing you're the only one on here that has watched much Marshall football. I don't have a problem with his size at all. I'm guessing he is a day three kind of guy since I haven't really seen his name pop up on most of the safety lists. But I guess you never know, if he runs well and people start looking closer at him that could always change. His 2 career interceptions don't inspire me much but those numbers can sometimes be deceiving.

A safety name that I like who shouldn't go too high is Darnell Savage Jr. I think he would be a really nice fit here.

Top Bottom