Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BipolarFuk View Post
    Cedric Wilson
    I am not buying him until he actually plays.

I know they talked him up in camp but I have fell for that crap before. Not again.

Comment

• So yeah, let's wait until the fifth for a WR3.

Comment

• Originally posted by boozeman View Post
        So yeah, let's wait until the fifth for a WR3.
        I think Wilson/Austin/Hurns can fill that WR3 role. We have way too many needs (TE, DT, S, etc) to have the luxury of drafting a WR in rounds 2-4.
        2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

• Should we just have a thread dedicated to nostalgic videos?

I submit the following...

https://youtu.be/h598K1YBWrY

Comment

So yeah, let's wait until the fifth for a WR3.

Thats a silly comparison. There are way more undrafted free agents than fifth round picks. A higher percentage of fifth round picks stick in the NFL than undrafted free agents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post

Thats a silly comparison. There are way more undrafted free agents than fifth round picks. A higher percentage of fifth round picks stick in the NFL than undrafted free agents.
              Whats the breakdown for starters?

this is great if we want 53 punt gunners.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post

I think Wilson/Austin/Hurns can fill that WR3 role. We have way too many needs (TE, DT, S, etc) to have the luxury of drafting a WR in rounds 2-4.
                I think well cut Hurns. Hes not worth the $5M pricetag.
                No Pat McQuistan = No Super Bowl. It's that simple.

Comment

• Originally posted by Plan9Misfit View Post

I think well cut Hurns. Hes not worth the $5M pricetag.
                  I agree and it may sound cold hearted but he had a pretty devestating injury. I don't know if he will even be as good as he was last season coming back from that injury.

Comment

So, assume Beasley hits the road. You still want to push off on a WR until the 5th?

I wouldn't be upset if we used as high as a third on one. We need more weapons on offense.
                    You take BPA every round.

Pretty simple.

There's basically not a single position on the team absent maybe RB that we shouldn't feel good about selecting with our first pick. Maybe linebacker as well.

Comment

• defense wins championships

Comment

• Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post

Pretty simple.

There's basically not a single position on the team absent maybe RB that we shouldn't feel good about selecting with our first pick. Maybe linebacker as well.
                        Most organizations use the first 2 picks for need.
                        Since Day One

Comment

• Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post

Pretty simple.

Maybe LBer? Hell we are probably better at LBer than RB.

Comment

Maybe LBer? Hell we are probably better at LBer than RB.
                            Depth wise, sure. But I think the premise of his post was about the starters. And that you don't want to take backups in the second round. And that's exactly what we'd be doing if we took a RB. At least at LBer, there is a spot where a 2nd rounder could step in alongside LVE and Smith. But LBer would be waaaaay down the list of where I'd like to go in the second round. And RB is further down than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoDak View Post

Depth wise, sure. But I think the premise of his post was about the starters. And that you don't want to take backups in the second round. And that's exactly what we'd be doing if we took a RB. At least at LBer, there is a spot where a 2nd rounder could step in alongside LVE and Smith. But LBer would be waaaaay down the list of where I'd like to go in the second round. And RB is further down than that.
                              We use three LBers so minimally I'd say a backup RB could get just as many snaps. But yeah I'd be upset of we took either in the second round. They would basically have no path for future advancement with extremely talented guys who are young above them on the depth chart.

Ideally we will get a DT/TE/S

Comment

We use three LBers so minimally I'd say a backup RB could get just as many snaps. But yeah I'd be upset of we took either in the second round. They would basically have no path for future advancement with extremely talented guys who are young above them on the depth chart.

Ideally we will get a DT/TE/S
                                Yes, it is a rarely used position and this draft is bad with them anyways in terms of starting caliber players. They are much better off going after that guy in free agency...like I suggested.

Comment

Working...
                                X