2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Fuck that noise. A 5th, I'll think about it. Anything more and that's a hard no.
I agree but I'm not really speaking for myself. I know the way this team gets trigger happy when they're trying to trade for someone and they're rumored to be in competition with other teams and those teams know it. Started with the 3rd because with this FO it's not a far out scenario.

They can't help themselves, they have to believe they stole someone or got over on another team. If they can't make a huge splash(ET) they'll settle for a mini-splash. JMO.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I agree but I'm not really speaking for myself. I know the way this team gets trigger happy when they're trying to trade for someone and they're rumored to be in competition with other teams and those teams know it. Started with the 3rd because with this FO it's not a far out scenario.

They can't help themselves, they have to believe they stole someone or got over on another team. If they can't make a huge splash(ET) they'll settle for a mini-splash. JMO.
Right.

Works for me if it's a 3rd, 4th, 5th round pick.
Nice attempt at a spin out by throwing out a bunch of old stand by team cliches, tho. :lol

Last edited:

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Bottom line, anything more than a third is too much. That's all I'm saying.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Well, I disagree. Anything more than a 5th is too much.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You can find a Duke Johnson or even better than Duke Johnson in the middle rounds of any draft. So yeah, I agree, maybe a fifth. Here's the thing, for a guy nearing the end of his rookie deal, or not on his rookie deal anymore, I'm not paying a premium. I'm actually going to subtract depreciation, essentially, from what I'm offering.

So if I feel there is a player of Duke Johnson's caliber in the fourth round of this draft, I'm subtracting a round or two off my offer price, because if I just use my fourth rounder on that running back, I have him for 4 years.

And chances are, there's a player of Duke Johnson's caliber in this fourth round. I think a 6th is more what I'd offer, and even then, I'm not sure we even have a 6th.

Johnson is a useful player, he's young enough, and would cross off a need, so it would be like "hitting" on the fourth round or fifth round pick by trading for him, but again, I'm getting him for way less time than if I had hit on a rookie.

p1_

DCC 4Life
[h=1]Podcast Reaction: Jason Witten Unretires[/h]

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't 18 mil love Zeke frankly. He is a great back but dude has 2 years left before free agency. Why the fuck give him 18 mil a year now?
I like Elliott but backs are guys you use and get new ones. You don't marry them. Look at Gurley who now has arthritis in his knee.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Not sure I'm as indifferent about Zeke as some of you. I know good backs are somewhat easy to find. And I understand that Zeke doesn't regularly tear off 40-60 yard runs like he probably should.
​​​​​​But he's an absolute workhorse who can be depended on. A complete back. I'd hate to go through another Demarco Murray/Joseph Randle type debacle.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Not sure I'm as indifferent about Zeke as some of you. I know good backs are somewhat easy to find. And I understand that Zeke doesn't regularly tear off 40-60 yard runs like he probably should.
​​​​​​But he's an absolute workhorse who can be depended on. A complete back. I'd hate to go through another Demarco Murray/Joseph Randle type debacle.
I think the Murray/Randle comnbo would have worked well if Randle hadn’t gone bonkers.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
FRISCO (KRLD) - A Frisco resident was taken to the hospital after being bitten by Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott's dog, according to a release from police.

Officers received a call this morning after a resident advised them they observed a loose dog in their front yard fighting with another dog through a fence. The resident then went outside and attempted to intervene in the fight and was bitten by one of the dogs, causing non-life-threatening injuries. The resident was transported to a local hospital.

Upon their arrival, officers were able to locate and capture the dogs. During an investigation, they discovered that the dogs belonged to Prescott who was not at home at the time of the incident. Both dogs had escaped the nearby residence through an unsecured door.

The dog that bit the resident, an American Staffordshire Terrier (pit bull) was transported to the Collin County Animal Shelter and will remain in quarantine for 10 days. The other dog was returned to a representative at Prescott's home.

The offense is a class C misdemeanor with a fine of up to $500.

Prescott posted a picture on Instagram of two dogs in December of 2017, although it's unknown if these were the dogs involved in the incident.
--------

Pittbull's are a menace to society and should be wiped from the face of the earth.

Thread derail, in 3...2...1...

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I think Zeke is a generational back and comparing him to a guy that has had health problems long term isn't fair. Signing him now to a long term deal where they can give the guaranteed money up front gives them makes him cuttable after 3-4 four years when and if he starts to decline. But for that first 3-4 more years you have arguably the best back in the league and ralistically your most important offensive player.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I think Zeke is a generational back and comparing him to a guy that has had health problems long term isn't fair. Signing him now to a long term deal where they can give the guaranteed money up front gives them makes him cuttable after 3-4 four years when and if he starts to decline. But for that first 3-4 more years you have arguably the best back in the league and ralistically your most important offensive player.
He wasn't even the best RB in the NFC East by the end of the year.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I am okay with bringing Austin back. His health is always an issue, but late in the year, he provided a nice spark as a punt returner.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I like Elliott but backs are guys you use and get new ones. You don't marry them. Look at Gurley who now has arthritis in his knee.
Zeke and Gurley are the biggest reasons their respective teams were even in the picture.

A difference-making lead back gives all but the QB-less teams a major leg up.

You just can’t overuse them like the Cowboys lazily did to Barber and Murray, and are now doing to Zeke.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He wasn't even the best RB in the NFC East by the end of the year.
I really like Zeke but he gets overvalued by us fans because the rest of the RBs on the roster are such a joke. Of course Zeke looks all world next to the scrubs we put behind him. I think if we added a decent number 2 RB we could rotate the backs more and maybe some people would realize that Zeke isn't just doing it all by himself.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

I am okay with bringing Austin back. His health is always an issue, but late in the year, he provided a nice spark as a punt returner.
Shit....they might as well do away with kickoffs and punts. Every punt with a decent return I watched this season had a flag of some kind called on it. The idea of having a game changer at that position returning punts is neutered. It’s a fucking joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom