NBA Chatter Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Fuck, the Lakers didn't get swept.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Brunson absolutely torched the Sixer today. I didn't get a chance to watch the game live. I'm going to pull it up via my LP and watch it later this evening.

I did see video of the elbow Embiid through to Brunson's head/neck. That absolutely should have been reviewed and assessed as a flagrant 1 or 2. If that were Draymond they wouldn't have hesitated to look into it.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The Clippers are on the verge of an epic collapse vs the Mavs. They were up by 31 late the in the 3rd quarter. The lead is currently down to 12 early in the 3rd quarter.

LET'S GO MAVS!!!!!

Cotton

Staff member
Brunson absolutely torched the Sixer today. I didn't get a chance to watch the game live. I'm going to pull it up via my LP and watch it later this evening.

I did see video of the elbow Embiid through to Brunson's head/neck. That absolutely should have been reviewed and assessed as a flagrant 1 or 2. If that were Draymond they wouldn't have hesitated to look into it.
C'mon, man!

Cotton

Staff member
The Clippers are on the verge of an epic collapse vs the Mavs. They were up by 31 late the in the 3rd quarter. The lead is currently down to 12 early in the 3rd quarter.

LET'S GO MAVS!!!!!
6 now, but they're going to lose.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Embiid's been getting killed today in the media. I have to admit I agree with a lot of the points they've been making about him disappearing late in playoff games and getting outplayed by supposedly inferior players.

One thing I noticed that would bug me if I were a Sixers fan is he been playing out on the perimeter too much vs a much smaller Knicks team. He should be destroying those munchkins from 10 feet and in but instead he mostly floats on the perimeter settling for long jumpers. Yesterday in the 3rd quarter he showed how physically dominant he could be if he put his mind to it. He drew 5 fouls on Hartstein in the 3rd quarter because he decided to be aggressive.

I also think he needs to lose at least 25 lbs. With as much knee and foot problems that he's dealt with over the years, losing weight will do him a lot of good.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Embiid's been getting killed today in the media. I have to admit I agree with a lot of the points they've been making about him disappearing late in playoff games and getting outplayed by supposedly inferior players.

One thing I noticed that would bug me if I were a Sixers fan is he been playing out on the perimeter too much vs a much smaller Knicks team. He should be destroying those munchkins from 10 feet and in but instead he mostly floats on the perimeter settling for long jumpers. Yesterday in the 3rd quarter he showed how physically dominant he could be if he put his mind to it. He drew 5 fouls on Hartstein in the 3rd quarter because he decided to be aggressive.

I also think he needs to lose at least 25 lbs. With as much knee and foot problems that he's dealt with over the years, losing weight will do him a lot of good.

I didn't see game 4 but I think most criticisms of Embiid are pretty misguided.

The Sixers are something like +35 in this series with Embiid on and about -35 without Embiid.

I think it's pretty wild to blame Embiid.

Hell just look at their record with and without him in the regular season. He's very much not their problem. The team isn't great outside him and Maxey.

Genghis Khan

This is insane.

Maxey is tripped going to the basket.

Knicks challenge the foul call. Because they change who they call the foul on, they consider it a successful challenge and the Knicks retain their challenge. Even though it's still a foul on the Knicks.

WTF is this insanity?

Genghis Khan

Case in point.

Sixers lead after 1 by 9. 26-17.

Embiid sits to start the 2nd.

There's 9:24 left in the 2nd now. It's 28-28. All because Embiid rested.

And Embiid hasn't even played well so far tonight.

It just makes zero sense to blame Embiid for the Sixers problems. He's averaging 35 ppg in the playoffs this year for God's sake.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I don't think I've ever been so disappointed with the Sixers rebounding than in this series. Both offensive and defensive.

It's disgusting how many second and third chances the Knicks are getting.

Top Bottom