2023 Combine Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This is slick.

I am convinced the back we take in this draft will need to be a solid pass catcher.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It happens every year.

There is always a guy who I thought was black who as actually white and vice versa.

This year it is Evan Hull. I figured he was white.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is slick.

I am convinced the back we take in this draft will need to be a solid pass catcher.
There are a number of good ones. I'm good with an Aaron Jones type. I've just sort of expected more of a compliment to Pollard but who knows. If you're splitting carries do you really need a workhorse? Isn't that kind of the point of splitting carries?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It happens every year.

There is always a guy who I thought was black who as actually white and vice versa.

This year it is Evan Hull. I figured he was white.
He is a really good receiver too for a bigger guy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Deuce is short but his feet move so damn quick. He also looks to be built solid. He is just 5'5".

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
“Pain tolerance test”. This sounds like a bad idea. I get wanting to know what a guy can handle but doesn’t sound sustainable
This shit must be new. I have never heard of this before.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Robinson running a 4.46 makes me even more comfortable taking him at 26 if he's there.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Robinson running a 4.46 makes me even more comfortable taking him at 26 if he's there.
I mean that's sort of what I expected. I said 4.45 before he ran. It's pretty identical to Zeke when we drafted him. I will say Robinson looked really good throughout the drills too. I wouldn't be disappointed if we took him at 26. But I also expect him gone by then and I'm ok with that too.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Deuce is short but his feet move so damn quick. He also looks to be built solid. He is just 5'5".
I love him but he would have to be staring me in the face in the 5th. I just don’t see having an interest.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The first time I ever saw this guy was today.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah 5th/6th I take him. If he goes earlier no big deal.
I really think it would take someone really having a plan for him for that to happen.

He is basically like Darren Sproles was. Same school and everything. He went in the fourth.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Whomever takes this animal will appreciate it. It is rare to have that kind of positional flexibility to play literally all five OL positions combined with not giving a fuck if he doesn't have his two front teeth and really has no desire to replace them.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He is a really good receiver too for a bigger guy.
And he is scoring a shit ton of brownie points with the old man scouts because he basically runs every rep to the end of the stadium.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Whomever takes this animal will appreciate it. It is rare to have that kind of positional flexibility to play literally all five OL positions combined with not giving a fuck if he doesn't have his two front teeth and really has no desire to replace them.
He has a unique personality and look. I hate the term position flex with a guy going in the second round. I will deduct points for that nonsense. He is a guard, that's it and that's ok. Don't waste time with this dude at center or OT.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He has a unique personality and look. I hate the term position flex with a guy going in the second round. I will deduct points for that nonsense. He is a guard, that's it and that's ok. Don't waste time with this dude at center or OT.
No, it is different here. It is one thing to say they can go inside or outside, but it sounds like teams are comfortable with him at center as well.

Get one guy like that, you save a roster spot and also have catastrophic depth insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom