Status
Not open for further replies.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Corner who’ers unite.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If Porter is there he'd probably be the BPA but if he runs in the 4.4's, let alone 4.3's, he won't be there.
Yeah this corner group is weird. You could look at 10 different lists and they would have 10 different orders. Some will have Porter listed as the top corner and others will have him listed as the fourth, fifth or sixth corner. That's not a knock on Porter or any of the corners. The fact is there are multiple guys just grouped together. Gonzalez, Porter, Witherspoon, Smith, Banks, Ringo and Forbes. I'm not a big Ringo fan but some of these guys are going to push into the second round.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah this corner group is weird. You could look at 10 different lists and they would have 10 different orders. Some will have Porter listed as the top corner and others will have him listed as the fourth, fifth or sixth corner. That's not a knock on Porter or any of the corners. The fact is there are multiple guys just grouped together. Gonzalez, Porter, Witherspoon, Smith, Banks, Ringo and Forbes. I'm not a big Ringo fan but some of these guys are going to push into the second round.
Ringo will probably end up like Dax Hill last year. Safety is supposedly in his future.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
How many times has Ringo heard "I'm your huckleberry huckle bearer? :unsure

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ringo will probably end up like Dax Hill last year. Safety is supposedly in his future.
Yeah and he may be able to work in our system at corner. He is definitely a physical specimen but I don't think he looks all that dominant on the field.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Seems like this is the new trend. Higher tier players opting out of most of the physical activities at the NFL ran combine and instead choosing to do that stuff at their college's pro day.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seems like this is the new trend. Higher tier players opting out of most of the physical activities at the NFL ran combine and instead choosing to do that stuff at their college's pro day.

I don't know how new this is. There are always some top guys that want to do their workouts under their own conditions. When you're a Georgia player and a top prospect you know all 32 teams will be there to watch you. That's not the case for everyone though. I also think it's a bad decision. If you show poor at the Combine you can usually fix it at your proday workout. Instead if you skip the combine you only get one shot.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Guys who are lock top 5-10 prospects have been sitting out the testing portion of the Combine for years.

It was why it was such a big deal when Calvin Johnson went out and blew everything out of the water even though he was a guaranteed top 3 pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom