Woodson rips this defense

p1_

DCC 4Life
After watching this year’s abysmal defense surrender record-setting numbers en route to a 4-9 record, the 51-year-old Woodson is proving he can still deliver a crushing hit.

“The way they play, it makes the competitor in you cringe,” Woodson tells CowboysSI.com during a promotional tour for Crown Royal’s “Stay Hydrated” holiday campaign. “It was my job to hit people. To punish quarterbacks. To have my teammate’s back. "But these guys … I don’t know. They’re helping up runners. Giving love taps on helmets. After the game, sure, it’s a brotherhood. But between the lines, where’s the animosity? We just don’t see the anger in this defense’s veins. We see tackling like they’re playing flag football. That’s why all season they’ve been gashed.”

With three Super Bowl rings, five Pro Bowl appearances, 1,350 tackles, 23 interceptions, and 11 sacks, Woodson retired in 2004. Along with the Texas Rangers’ concurrent search to fill their 18-year void at catcher left by Pudge Rodriguez, the Cowboys looking for the next semblance of Woodson at safety is one the longest and lousiest pursuits in DFW sports history.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Jersey swaps as well.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
With three Super Bowl rings, five Pro Bowl appearances, 1,350 tackles, 23 interceptions, and 11 sacks, Woodson retired in 2004. Along with the Texas Rangers’ concurrent search to fill their 18-year void at catcher left by Pudge Rodriguez, the Cowboys looking for the next semblance of Woodson at safety is one the longest and lousiest pursuits in DFW sports history.
Pro Football Reference has Woody at 967 combined tackles for his career. 1350 would jump him from 90th to 19th all time. I understand unofficial club numbers can be different-- but in this case the difference is huge. Wonder what's real.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
It is a crime this man isn't in the HOF. Is there a safety playing today that you would rather have on your team right now over Woodson in his prime?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It is a crime this man isn't in the HOF. Is there a safety playing today that you would rather have on your team right now over Woodson in his prime?
Nope.

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
Would be nice to pair a good FS (a second tier FA?) with Wilson at SS and a big NT like Dalvin Tomlinson.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Hell, Smitty's 4 years old kid is already watching game film at the same age when Smitty started.
He’s gonna be a NY Rangers fan first because they have a chance to actually win something before he goes to college. He was watching the Cowboys with me today though, but mostly climbing on my head.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He’s gonna be a NY Rangers fan first because they have a chance to actually win something before he goes to college. He was watching the Cowboys with me today though, but mostly climbing on my head.
That's cool.

I remember when my daughter was born in 2005, EZ and sbk chipped in and sent me a blanket for her.

Time flies.

Top Bottom