Witten back with the Cowboys...

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I look forward to his five-yard out routes on 3rd and 7. Oh, and the false starts.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I love Witten but he sure as shit isn't a solution to anything other than a better blocking TE. It's like one step forward and two steps backwards with this franchise.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Getting the band back together!

p1_

DCC 4Life
Utterly fucktarded. I’m so fucking embarrassed by this ship of fools . I heard Garrett flat out deny this as recently as December of 2018. I doubly hope Garrett gets fired now . Unbelievable.
i put him at the bottom of the depth chart.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Utterly fucktarded. I’m so fucking embarrassed by this ship of fools . I heard Garrett flat out deny this as recently as December of 2018. I doubly hope Garrett gets fired now . Unbelievable.
The truth is that they did discuss it and it fell apart at the last minute. So this has been in the works for a while.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
How is Witten guaranteed any number of snaps? Why shouldn't he have to compete for a roster spot? If they pass on a TE in the draft because of Witten his moniker as a "progress stopper" will take on a whole new meaning.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Dumb move on Witten's part. Sure he struggled some as a play by play analyst but it was only year one. I'd have tried to establish roots as a MNF broadcaster, especially since he really doesn't have a lot of football left in him.

As for the Cowboys side of the equation, i hate the move. We need speed and athleticism at TE. Jason Witten doesn't offer that. Hopefully they don't view this as an upgrade and consider themselves set for 2019 at TE.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
This team is just incapable of moving forward, all this does is kick the old progress can down the road. Unbelievable. Well, with this organization it actually is believable.

What a clown show.

p1_

DCC 4Life
The truth is that they did discuss it and it fell apart at the last minute. So this has been in the works for a while.
I know it was discussed, and yet that jackass sat up there and lied about it. F him.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Let’s also admit this truth: Witten wasn’t so great in the booth. He’s certainly no Romo.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Dumb move on Witten's part. Sure he struggled some as a play by play analyst but it was only year one. I'd have tried to establish roots as a MNF broadcaster, especially since he really doesn't have a lot of football left in him.

As for the Cowboys side of the equation, i hate the move. We need speed and athleticism at TE. Jason Witten doesn't offer that. Hopefully they don't view this as an upgrade and consider themselves set for 2019 at TE.
Well, I think he realizes he sucks as an announcer and has aspirations for coaching. This is better serving towards those goals.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Well, I think he realizes he sucks as an announcer and has aspirations for coaching. This is better serving towards those goals.
If he wants to work for Jerry.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
If his ultimate goal is to go into coaching then it makes a little more sense. Although given the Cowboys' penchant for nepotism, I'm sure Uncle Jerry would have handed him a job as a position coach.

p1_

DCC 4Life
[h=1]Stephen A. weeps over Jason Witten re-joining the Cowboys[/h]
one positive to come from this.

Top Bottom