Williams: T. Williams more prepared to start after getting three games under his belt

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Terrance Williams more prepared to start after getting three games under his belt

It won't be Terrance Williams' first official start. The Cowboys opened in a three-receiver set against the Giants, with the rookie from Baylor on the field with Dez Bryant and Miles Austin for the first play of the season.

But with Austin expected to miss this week with a hamstring injury, Williams likely will play more than he has in any game this season.

"Terrance, right from the start, has come in here, and it never has seemed too big for him," Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said Friday. "He works very hard. I think he’s gotten better and better at each of the different phases of his game. Again, it’s not easy to come in here and beat these NFL corners, but I think he’s done some positive things for us and made some plays for us. He’s acclimated well. He still has a long way to go obviously and wants to have more of role and contribute even more than he has up to this point. But he’s certainly making progress."

Williams has played 97 of 203 plays this season, making five catches for 60 yards. Tony Romo has more confidence in him now than he did in the season opener against the Giants after a miscommunication cost the quarterback his only interception of the season.

"He is starting to have some trust in me," Williams said. "I have to just keep showing him when he gives me chances to make plays on balls, just come down with it and make the play."

Williams' last start at Baylor came at Qualcomm Stadium, the home of the Chargers, in the Holiday Bowl last Dec. 27. Williams made two catches for 68 yards in a 49-26 victory over UCLA.

"The last one was kind of bittersweet, because I wasn’t going to be there the year after, so I just had to go out with a good bang," Williams said. "Now, I’m just trying to come into this game with nothing on my mind but just paying attention to my keys and just listening to what Tony is saying and just playing the style of football that they brought me in to do."

-- Charean Williams

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Austin isn't even putting up a fight. It's like even he knows he's false at this point.

Top Bottom