Williams: Cowboys have run for 449 yards the past three games

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Cowboys have run for 449 yards the past three games

DeMarco Murray had his second-best rushing performance of the season Monday night, averaging 8.1 yards per carry. The Bears were 32nd-ranked in rush defense, but Murray also credits the presence of a fullback.

Dallas signed Tyler Clutts last week, the first time this season they have had a fullback on their roster.

"It's a different dynamic to the run game," Murray said. "He’s a very smart guy. He knows the game, knows the blocking scheme and things of that nature. He did a great job for us. The offensive line blocked well along with the tight ends and receivers. He’s a good back. He’s been playing a couple of years in the league."

Clutts, who played four games with Miami earlier this season, made his Cowboys' debut by playing 19 of 55 snaps, 35 percent.

"I've got a lot of things I've got to clean up," Clutts said. "I felt good going into the game, but there’s definitely some things I've got to clean up for this week. I’ve got to get better and you know, help DeMarco have another game like he did, or even better."

The Cowboys have averaged 149.7 yards rushing per game over the past three games. They have 1,219 rushing yards this season, closing in on the 1,265 they rushed for last season in setting a team record for the fewest rushing yards in a 16-game season in team history.

"Just look at the past couple of games, I think we’ve run it well," Murray said. "The offensive line has done a great job for our team. The tight end is doing a great job. The receivers are doing a great job. We’re just taking it one game at a time, try to help the running game out as much as I can."

-- Charean Williams

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Soooooo our starting RB prefers a FB but for 12 weeks were all like, feh, deal with it.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yeah cause it did click with fiametta and Vickers is supposed to be better.

Top Bottom