Wildcard Sunday Chatter | Cowboys and Lions | 1/4/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Man, Lions fans are all over Twitter crying about that flag being picked up. Their tears are delicious.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't care...they were winning and still had a chance to win the game, but they could not close us out. I think if the call went the other way and it was Witten getting mugged we'd feel the same way they do. Oh well, their problem, not ours.

data

Forbes #1
I don't care...they were winning and still had a chance to win the game, but they could not close us out. I think if the call went the other way and it was Witten getting mugged we'd feel the same way they do. Oh well, their problem, not ours.
Jim Caldwell and the punter thank the refs for taking the heat for the decision to punt and shanked punt.

Cotton

Staff member
I had zero, that's right I said zero. nervous shits before or during the game yesterday. I have shit 3 times already today. Not sure what to make of it.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
An NFL reporter tweeted during the first half that he just heard from another NFL coach and it wasn't so much the O line getting manhandled the first half, but they were continually calling the wrong protection on just about every pass play. Something along those lines. Looks like we corrected that in second half.

data

Forbes #1
An NFL reporter tweeted during the first half that he just heard from another NFL coach and it wasn't so much the O line getting manhandled the first half, but they were continually calling the wrong protection on just about every pass play. Something along those lines. Looks like we corrected that in second half.
During the game, Aikman (I think) pointed out on one particular blitz what happened. The DE over Leary crashed inside while a blitzer went outside Tyron Smith, leaving a gaping hole for the LB to blitz through. I'm guessing the correct protection call would be to have Frederick slide left.

Secondly, Sturm's article in the other thread talks about how the Lions backed off the blitz once we hit TWill for the long TD. So, who knows if we actually corrected the protection calls. You'd think after the first Washington game, that'd been corrected by now.

Cotton

Staff member
Jerry Jones: Crowd 'most significant thing about this game'
January, 5, 2015

By Tim MacMahon | ESPNDallas.com

ARLINGTON, Texas -- It brought great joy to Jerry Jones to look at the AT&T Stadium crowd Sunday and see so much silver and blue.

OK, so those are the colors of the visiting Detroit Lions, too, but there was no doubt that the Dallas Cowboys had a decided home-field advantage during the franchise’s first playoff game in five years.

That wasn’t the case for the Cowboys early in the season. Home games against the San Francisco 49ers, New Orleans Saints and Houston Texans felt like bowl games with the crowds split nearly evenly between the fan bases.

Jones went out of his way to praise the loud crowd after Sunday’s 24-20 win over the Lions.

“What was the most significant thing about this game was that crowd and the size of that crowd and the dominance of the crowd,” Jones said. “To have them be rewarded with a win like this, a meaningful win like this, that to me was the most important thing apart from us having won the game and getting to play again. They got to see a real championship effort out there tonight and they got to see a team that has a lot to be proud of.

“That’s the best thing tonight. I’ll mark this one with a red letter.”

Cotton

Staff member

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I think he has shown enough over these 3 games he can be a good starter, he was great yesterday and they even put Suh out there.

There is no way in hell I move my All Pro Guard, that would be insane.

Good teams move on from players like Free all the time its the smart move with our cap situation.

I would be looking to draft a guy to compete, but I think Parnell has done enough to be a sarter.
You seriously think he was great yesterday? If he was great, Ansah must have invoked the spirit of Reggie White and become All World for the day.

In the first half he was getting abused. Ansah and anyone else coming off the right side was giving him fits. When he wasn't getting beat outright, he was lost in who to block. He played much better in the second half, I'll give him that. Now, I don't know if that was him settling down, or the fact that the Detroit pulled in the reigns a bit after Romo and Williams scorched them for that long TD.

Parnell is a decent backup and spot starter. If Free leaves, we could do much better than just relying on Parnell to be the starter. FA pickup, or draft pick. I'd leave our All Pro rookie RG right where he's at.

Cotton

Staff member

I would agree with this. Hope they can get some pressure on Rodgers on Sunday.

Carp

DCC 4Life

kidd

DCC 4Life
:lol:lol

:towel

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Parnell is the weak spot on the offense, no doubt.

We can only be thankful that we haven't lost anyone else besides Free, and even have a shot to get him back. Everyone's lost someone to injury this year. Can you imagine being the Bengals and losing the equivalent of Bryant and Witten?

Carp

DCC 4Life
Truth be told...I almost jerked it clean off when Romo hit Witten on 4th and 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom