Wildcard Round Stuff

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yup.

I love our chances in this one, but you have to be the most optimistic fan in the world to not have been affected by this teams' recent history.

We all have that "what if" in the back of our minds. If we get past this game, though, I'm going full on homer from here on out because I'll feel like we're playing with house money at that point.
I am scared to death we are eating the cheese at this stage.

You have All Pro nominations and also national pundits saying we are a Super Bowl favorite.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

I don't get it. Is he criticizing the defensive gameplan?
IIRC, we foolishly allowed Carr to cover CJ man to man. We didn't give him as much help as we should have.

I doubt we'll be stupid enough to do that again. Especially with how poorly Carr has played this year.

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
It's the playoffs, man. I think all of us are a little bit worried about all of it and beaten down by the team letting us down in the past. It's very understandable.
I am very worried, but Parnell is not the reason why and Witten has not been asked to help anybody much this year.

If we get good Romo I think we win easily.

But it scares me to death he locks up.

Carp

DCC 4Life
IIRC, we foolishly allowed Carr to cover CJ man to man. We didn't him as much help as we should have.

I doubt we'll be stupid enough to do that again. Especially with how poorly Carr has played this year.
I think we also said we were more worried about Bush than CJ...which lit a fire under him.

1bigfan13

Staff member

You have All Pro nominations and also national pundits saying we are a Super Bowl favorite.
95% of the playoff predictions that I've seen have Green Bay or Seattle coming out of the NFC. I haven't seen a lot of support for the Cowboys getting past Green Bay.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I just can't get that scared of Detroit all the metrics point to them as a very average team and we don't seem to be a team that just implodes anymore.

If we don't go full retard we should be ok.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

Me too.

I mentioned this in another thread, but I didn't think the stuff about Crawford and Scandrick was a big deal, but then when Church started talking about getting revenge on Tate, I started to worry if these guys were getting too cocky.

I'm really nervous about this game when I wasn't before Tuesday. The reason why this team has been different is because they've remained grounded and hungry. I hope that this talk is nothing and they still have their minds and expectations where they need to be,

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
95% of the playoff predictions that I've seen have Green Bay or Seattle coming out of the NFC. I haven't seen a lot of support for the Cowboys getting past Green Bay.
I should have worded that better. There are pundits saying we are built to be the SB favorite. Yeah, I am sure most would pick Seattle or GB, but we are getting a lot more national respect than normal.

That makes me worry because we have seen this organization react to stuff like that and get a big head.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I just can't get that scared of Detroit all the metrics point to them as a very average team and we don't seem to be a team that just implodes anymore.

If we don't go full retard we should be ok.
Every indication we've seen this year says that this team is different. I really want to believe that, but we won't know that for sure until Sunday.

All the things we've done so far have been great, but the real test and the most important one comes Sunday.

Coming back from 21 at St Louis, winning at Seattle despite going behind twice, coming back vs the Giants and winning at Philly were all great moments, and they were the best wins we've had in a long long time. But all of that amounts to nothing if we blow this game.

I just hope they keep up the good work.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I should have worded that better. There are pundits saying we are built to be the SB favorite. Yeah, I am sure most would pick Seattle or GB, but we are getting a lot more national respect than normal.

That makes me worry because we have seen this organization react to stuff like that and get a big head.
To their credit, I don't think the team as a whole is buying into their own hype. I believe guys like Dez, Murray, Witten, Romo, and McClain are all hungry and are ready for more. But I can't help but feel that there are a few guys who are starting to eat the cheese.

As long as the vast majority remain humble and eager to continue to prove themselves, we'll win this game. If it's a significant amount of players who are getting ahead of themselves, then watch out.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I think we also said we were more worried about Bush than CJ...which lit a fire under him.
I think this is a game where you treat Megatron and the Lions like NBA teams treated Michael Jordan and the Bulls.

With the pre-Phil Jackson Bulls, you knew Jordan was unstoppable so you were fine with him getting his 35 but you clamped down on the role players and didn't let the role players get hot and beat you.

That's sort of how I see us approaching Detroit. Control Calvin Johnson as best as we can, with the understanding that he'll probably still finish with around 120 yards, but don't let Bell or Tate to go off on us as well.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think this is a game where you treat Megatron and the Lions like NBA teams treated Michael Jordan and the Bulls.

With the pre-Phil Jackson Bulls, you knew Jordan was unstoppable so you were fine with him getting his 35 but you clamped down on the role players and didn't let the role players get hot and beat you.

That's sort of how I see us approaching Detroit. Control Calvin Johnson as best as we can, with the understanding that he'll probably still finish with around 120 yards, but don't let Bell or Tate to go off on us as well.
It has been talked about all week...they are going to go to limiting Tate with Scandrick and giving help to whomever is covering Cal.

Tate is the key, and I wouldn't overlook Ebron who could suddenly become relevant.

This is not the same kind of offense as last year. They are conceptually very much like the Saints.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Sunday just can't get here fast enough.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It has been talked about all week...they are going to go to limiting Tate with Scandrick and giving help to whomever is covering Cal.

Tate is the key, and I wouldn't overlook Ebron who could suddenly become relevant.

This is not the same kind of offense as last year. They are conceptually very much like the Saints.
I don't think very highly of Jim Caldwell as a head coach. I'm not sure how the Lions have gotten this far with that guy. That dude couldn't inspire anyone and I don't think his ability to scheme is very good at all.

Jiggyfly

Banned
To their credit, I don't think the team as a whole is buying into their own hype. I believe guys like Dez, Murray, Witten, Romo, and McClain are all hungry and are ready for more. But I can't help but feel that there are a few guys who are starting to eat the cheese.

As long as the vast majority remain humble and eager to continue to prove themselves, we'll win this game. If it's a significant amount of players who are getting ahead of themselves, then watch out.
I think some of these things are getting blown up because more media is paying attention.

If you have listened to the players during the year not much has changed.

Cotton

Staff member

This is really good news if true.

Cotton

Staff member
Apparently, Crawford's thing is an allergic reaction. I can't imagine he won't go.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Sunday just can't get here fast enough.
Damn right. If it weren't for the fact that Romo needs the extra time for his back, I'd have preferred to get our game over with on Saturday. It would have put Detroit on a shorter week since they have to travel.

Would have been one more advantage for the Cowboys.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

Except their QB has a much, much stronger arm and equally weaker brain.

Joique Bell concerns me, though Larry Warford being out is good for Dallas.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Except their QB has a much, much stronger arm and equally weaker brain.

Joique Bell concerns me, though Larry Warford being out is good for Dallas.
I think Stafford plays better. He's going to have his family and what not at the game and will be focused to show off for them.

Top Bottom