Wildcard Round 2018 Game Day Chatter | Seahawks at Cowboys | 01-05-19

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Kind of a dick move to shit on a gift from someone. Just saying.
That gesture is also a holdover from the time when the OL were underappreciated. Why the fuck should Dak be buying presents for Zack Martin or Tyron Smith? They have way more money than him.

data

Forbes #1
That gesture is also a holdover from the time when the OL were underappreciated. Why the fuck should Dak be buying presents for Zack Martin or Tyron Smith? They have way more money than him.
Why buy Xmas presents for your boss(es)?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Irritating that the Cowboys gave up that final TD...in 00:50 no less.

Dont know how often this happens league-wide, but it seems to be almost automatic for us.
Yeah that deep pass was ridiculous. It's like the one thing as a corner that you can't do. Against their best deep threat no less. Of course we still got them to fourth down. Then Jones gave up the TD to a freaking RB. That pass was pretty perfect though.

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah kind of sucks for a guy like Dak but he is going to get paid eventually. Still the guy is making less than a mil a year. Spending $5,000 for 5+ guys is just bad money management for a guy like that.

Still it just irratates me when someone gets you a gift. They put thought into it, make the effort and it just seems cruel to shit on it. I'd never get those thankless assholes another gift. It's like a child who gets a bunch of presents then bitches that they didn't get what they wanted. Would make me want to return everything and say fuck it.

Cotton

Staff member

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Couple things that bothered me. Pouting Cooper...I hate this, love the player, but grow up. Go talk to Dak instead of looking like a little bitch. Chido has got to turn his head...he never played the ball all day, just face guarded.
It was palpable the week before, but can you blame him? Tons of yards go unrealized due to Dak's inaccuracy. Excuse the Spanish announcers.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Good news for Hurns.

Turns out that gruesome looking injury was "just" a dislocated ankle.

Expected to make full recovery and easily be ready by next season barring complications.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Yeah the blocking set up perfectly. No idea what he was thinking. That screen is literally set up to cut inside.
It looked to me like Gallup was rotated with hips slightly to the inside. The DB had his outside shoulder free on the outside so it wasn't as clear cut to me.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No one has called Dak a bust. The guy was a late fourth round pick. Even being a low end starter is a steal for that point in the draft. But still Dak is better than a lot of fans will give credit. But fans also hated on Romo all the time until he retired. It's sort of the nature of being a QB in the NFL, especially the Cowboys QB.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It looked to me like Gallup was rotated with hips slightly to the inside. The DB had his outside shoulder free on the outside so it wasn't as clear cut to me.
You have all of your blockers coming from the inside with a line. Seems silly to cut that outside. The very nature of that type of screen is going to make you cut that up inside. My guess is Cooper hasn't run that play much. And some WR screens are designed more to just read the block of the other receiver like you said. But you have 3 blockers coming from the Oline, how do you not use them and cut it outside instead.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Yeah that deep pass was ridiculous. It's like the one thing as a corner that you can't do. Against their best deep threat no less. Of course we still got them to fourth down. Then Jones gave up the TD to a freaking RB. That pass was pretty perfect though.
You knew 3 was going to go down swinging. How many times have we seen Russell Wilson do exactly that, and in the playoffs no less?

But Dallas’ defense relaxed way too much. Just like they did vs the Giants.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Yeah kind of sucks for a guy like Dak but he is going to get paid eventually. Still the guy is making less than a mil a year. Spending $5,000 for 5+ guys is just bad money management for a guy like that.

Still it just irratates me when someone gets you a gift. They put thought into it, make the effort and it just seems cruel to shit on it. I'd never get those thankless assholes another gift. It's like a child who gets a bunch of presents then bitches that they didn't get what they wanted. Would make me want to return everything and say fuck it.
Depends on how it was taken. We are only getting one part of one side of the story.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
No one has called Dak a bust. The guy was a late fourth round pick. Even being a low end starter is a steal for that point in the draft. But still Dak is better than a lot of fans will give credit. But fans also hated on Romo all the time until he retired. It's sort of the nature of being a QB in the NFL, especially the Cowboys QB.
I don’t think there’s ever been a question regarding Dak’s value as a starter who stays healthy and gives the team a chance to win, especially relative to his pedigree as a 4th round pick.

He is behind the upper echelon passers, depends way too much on his running game (Zeke had 160+ yards yesterday), and also needs perfect pass protection to move through his progressions. It’s hard to trust him to pass to set up the run. Zeke had to break the game open yesterday with that 40+ yard run and got no help from the early passing game.

And I maintain the coaches didn’t have the balls to sit him like they should have at the end of 2016. That was stupid.

That said, he’s only playing his third season. He may never be a Rivers or Brees as a passer, but then who really is?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Oh, and I see a ton of people talking about DPIs that weren't called on them, but how about the blatant pushoffs by their receivers? There were at least two that were very obvious to me.
That "interception " was one of the worst non calls I've ever seen. The defender got there so early it was still 2018.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Irritating that the Cowboys gave up that final TD...in 00:50 no less.

Dont know how often this happens league-wide, but it seems to be almost automatic for us.
It’s the idiotic coverage prevent defense. It virtually guarantees a score for the opponent. As many times as it has been proven on the field the DCs still use it.

Top Bottom