Who would you sign to be Weeden's backup until Romo gets back?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I have been thinking about who they could pick up that might be able to still play some kind of football if Weeden goes out for a series. The Cards got down to their 3rd string last year and ended up using Skelton and I was convinced watching that guy that there were guys on the couch who could have given that team more of a chance to win. I know the season is probably screwed anyway, but I think our division is crap and a 7-9 or 8-8 team might make it into the playoffs, by which time we'd have Dez and Tony back.

If Weeden tweaks an ankle and goes out for a series I don't trust a rookie nobody like Showers not to come right out and create a turnover. Not only don't I want him throwing the ball, I wouldn't feel secure with him taking the snaps and making the handoffs.

Here's the guys who are available that I think are worth mentioning:

Tim Tebow
Josh Freeman
Matt Flynn
Christian Ponder
Rex Grossman

Out of that group the guy I bring in is Ponder. He's from Dallas, supposed to be a pretty smart guy, not much athletically to work with, but he did go 10-6 being the bus driver behind Adrian Peterson. I think you can put him in for a series or to close out a game and at least have him look like a pro QB and have a chance to complete a short pass or two.

Carl

RIP Brother
Sadly, I think Ponder is the best option. So, him.

D

Deuce

It'll be Kellen Clemmons from the PS. He knows Linehan and the system.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I agree. But it will probably be Vaughan.
Vaughn makes more sense because of his familiarity with the system. If he could get past his panic mode he probably could be okay. He has the size and arm for the job. He just seems to lock up and take on the scared rabbitt mode under duress.

dallen

Senior Tech
I'd be ok with anyone on that list besides Tebow, but I am prepared for Vaughan\Moore

Top Bottom