Who here actually played the game?

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Somebody keep an eye on Unc. I think this new guy is trying to roofie him.
I need you way out in the rustling grass. Hopefully you brought the green tips.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Newt

DCC 4Life
It was, until he mentioned his son wants to be a Florida Gator. Bad parenting.
I had been trying to steer him toward TCU, but Monday night didn't help at all.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I made the transition from leather to plastic helmets.

The Prophet

Brand New Member
Not to beat my own chest or anything, but I played some high school ball at a fairly mediocre level. I did have a few offers to play at division 2 schools in Texas, but I was lazy academically and already had a decent paying job lined out after high school so I journeyed to the big city to make those dollars.

I have coached youth football for many years, from pre-k to 6th grade, and for the past few years I have coached the Freshman 7 on 7 team during the summer for the high school. I enjoy football and appreciate the relationships it builds. The first year I coached was a group of 4th and 5th graders, it was right after high school, we didn't score a single point that year. I felt terrible. The next year, I had all those 4th graders return and we won 8 games (out of 10). It was pretty cool. The past 7 seasons I have had the privilege to coach my own son. He played in 5 Super Bowls, won 4. He is a much better player that I was (or my brother, who my late grandfather deemed "the football player" before he passed). I'm looking forward to watching him from the stands for the next several years, and I hope he gets to live out his dream to be a Florida Gator one day, as long as I don't have to pay for it.
Beat your own chest brother. you obviously have credibility.
No way those who never went through two a days and suited up on game day can have the same insight we do. Sounds like you agree. Awesome.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
No way those who never went through two a days and suited up on game day can have the same insight we do. Sounds like you agree. Awesome.
:picard

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Ok which one of you is this, looking at you @bbgun

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I still keep trying to envision Aces tiny little legs trying to run down that football field.

:zekesneak

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I played through highschool. It really doesn't matter. Hell you have NFL coaches who didn't play football. They learned about the sport though. Someone who never played can still love and learn the sport. I loved playing football but was never gifted enough to go beyond highschool.

You want to tell me how tough practices can be, and yeah you have to experience it to know how grueling it can be to have a two a day in humid heat where your coach ends practes with the team running hills.

But you want to tell me what a good route combination is or a good route concept and honestly, you don't have to play to be able to judge stuff like that. You just have to know about football. I never played QB but it doesn't mean I can't judge a QB from my knowledge.

Cotton

Staff member
I played through highschool. It really doesn't matter. Hell you have NFL coaches who didn't play football. They learned about the sport though. Someone who never played can still love and learn the sport. I loved playing football but was never gifted enough to go beyond highschool.

You want to tell me how tough practices can be, and yeah you have to experience it to know how grueling it can be to have a two a day in humid heat where your coach ends practes with the team running hills.

But you want to tell me what a good route combination is or a good route concept and honestly, you don't have to play to be able to judge stuff like that. You just have to know about football. I never played QB but it doesn't mean I can't judge a QB from my knowledge.
Dead. fucking. on.

Cotton

Staff member
where your coach ends practes with the team running hills.
Dude, we had this huge hill by our practice field that I will forever fucking hate.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Dude, we had this huge hill by our practice field that I will forever fucking hate.
I still remember the long pipe with a bunch of holes they used for a water fountain and our asshole HS coach turning it off if we didn't do our second practice up to his standard

Cotton

Staff member
I still remember the long pipe with a bunch of holes they used for a water fountain and our asshole HS coach turning it off if we didn't do our second practice up to his standard
We had the same damn pipe. And dudes would push each other over position to get to one of the holes to get to the water. 3 a days in east Texas sucked.

Top Bottom