Who here actually played the game?

The Prophet

Brand New Member
Newbie here. Lifelong fan going back to Landry days. Looking forward to the conversations.
Who here actually played the game at High School level or beyond? (Sorry, video games do not count. LOL).
I played up through college. I believe this brings me a better perspective to discussions on the game when compared to those who only watched from the bleachers or the comfort of their couch.
Let me know. Thx
As for yesterdays debacle. Dak continues to prove he’s not an elite QB. Above average. Nothing more.
thought?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Newbie here. Lifelong fan going back to Landry days. Looking forward to the conversations.
Who here actually played the game at High School level or beyond? (Sorry, video games do not count. LOL).
I played up through college. I believe this brings me a better perspective to discussions on the game when compared to those who only watched from the bleachers or the comfort of their couch.
Let me know. Thx
As for yesterdays debacle. Dak continues to prove he’s not an elite QB. Above average. Nothing more.
thought?
This should be interesting. Welcome to the board.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Let me know. Thx
thought?
Interesting. I played thru high school- played for a high school that was in the Top 10 in the US compiled by ESPNs documentary called “Title Town”.
I had a full football athletic scholarship to Marshall University and GA Tech, but decided to go to WVU and try to walk on. I tried for 2 years but didn’t latch on unfortunately. Did get a nice degree though.
I’m interested to hear your perspective vs “guys on the couch”. There are some pretty damn smart guys here- doesn’t matter if they played or not.

data

Forbes #1
thought?
Welcome to the board. Stay as long as you can. The most knowledgeable about the game do. Thank you for establishing your credentials.

With the criteria of choosing a QB for one season, what’s your Top 15 and where are the tiers?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Welcome to the board. Stay as long as you can. The most knowledgeable about the game do. Thank you for establishing your credentials.

With the criteria of choosing a QB for one season, what’s your Top 15 and where are the tiers?
My guess is that person will never post again. I hope my cynical ass is wrong.

data

Forbes #1
I believe this brings me a better perspective to discussions on the game when compared to those who only watched from the bleachers or the comfort of their couch.
I was a mall cop which brings me a better perspective to discussions on law enforcement when compared to those who only watched Cops from the comfort of their couch.

The Prophet

Brand New Member
Interesting. I played thru high school- played for a high school that was in the Top 10 in the US compiled by ESPNs documentary called “Title Town”.
I had a full football athletic scholarship to Marshall University and GA Tech, but decided to go to WVU and try to walk on. I tried for 2 years but didn’t latch on unfortunately. Did get a nice degree though.
I’m interested to hear your perspective vs “guys on the couch”. There are some pretty damn smart guys here- doesn’t matter if they played or not.
Fine credentials you have brother. You and I will get along fine. 👍
I’m not saying the couch potato types are not smart, they just lack the experience of actually leaving it all on the field to comment on the game intimacies like you and I. How could they?

The Prophet

Brand New Member
I was a mall cop which brings me a better perspective to discussions on law enforcement when compared to those who only watched Cops from the comfort of their couch.
Good for you. Thx for keeping our vacant shopping centers clean and tidy of those pesky 13 year old skateboarder types. LOL 😂

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I once broke 6 tackles in an amazing 20 yard run when I was 13 on the big empty field behind Williams elementary in a suburb of Houston by the name of Pasadena.

That pretty much allowed me to understand how Barry Sanders operated on a football field.

I mean, we were pretty much the same guy.

I know most of you will never understand, but we can't all be special.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I’m not saying the couch potato types are not smart, they just lack the experience of actually leaving it all on the field to comment on the game intimacies like you and I. How could they?
:unsure

Top Bottom