Week 8 Gameday Chatter | Redskins vs. Cowboys| 10/26/2014

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I have to work tonight so have to record the game. I won't get to watch it until Tuesday afternoon so will umplug myself from radio, TV, and internet for 18 hours. Should be fun.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have to work tonight so have to record the game. I won't get to watch it until Tuesday afternoon so will umplug myself from radio, TV, and internet for 18 hours. Should be fun.
Yeah good luck with that

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'm scared and excited all at the same time.
No fear here......can't remember the last time I felt that way.

We've got this. It may be competitive for a bit, but we'll pull away in the 2nd half for the comfortable two score win.

Murray to rush for 140-plus.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hate MNF period anymore. Endless lead-up, clown pregame crew of Berman-Keyshawn-Carter, Gruden proclaiming scrub players the greatest, etc.
I used to really love Monday Night Football when I was younger. It was such a spectacle with a theme song that the second you heard the beginning you started to get amped for the game. The problem is it made yesterday really lame. I didn't enjoy the games very much and without the Cowboys playing it really just kind of made for a lame football weekend. Then Mondays I usually love reading all the articles and write ups about the Cowboys game. Instead I'm just sitting here waiting for something to happen still.

Also the Redskins don't get me that excited anymore. Not that I expect an easy win against them. It's just that it's kind of a lose/lose game for us. If we win it's against a shitty team being led by a QB most didn't even know was still in the NFL. If we lose it will basically be the end of the world to fans and experts.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
[MENTION=22]Texas Ace[/MENTION]

What's up with your boy J.J. Watt getting all butt hurt just because Mettenberger took selfies before the game.

Tedy Bruschi hit the nail on the head. The only person who came off looking bad in that situation is Watt. Watt came off as self-serving and petty.

I love me some J.J. Watt. I just think he stepped way outside of his lane on this one.

What's the vibe of the city of Houston on this topic? Are they blindly defending their boy?

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'm scared and excited all at the same time.
Yep. This probably will be a tough game. You just hope Dallas can take care of business and if they get the opportunity to step on their neck they take it and finish the job.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
[MENTION=22]Texas Ace[/MENTION]

What's up with your boy J.J. Watt getting all butt hurt just because Mettenberger took selfies before the game.

Tedy Bruschi hit the nail on the head. The only person who came off looking bad in that situation is Watt. Watt came off as self-serving and petty.

I love me some J.J. Watt. I just think he stepped way outside of his lane on this one.

What's the vibe of the city of Houston on this topic? Are they blindly defending their boy?
He can do no wrong here.

In just a few short years, he's already surpassed Olajuwon in this city.

JJ Watt has become an arrogant douche. He's real smug in all of his interviews, and he can't stop talking about how hard he works. Basically, the guy has bought into his own hype.

He's an outstanding player, but I'd love to see someone knock his dick in the dirt and humble his ass.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I've gotten where I hate waiting for the four o'clock games let alone the night games. I want this win tonight so badly. Obviously because it's the Skins but it would also mean sole possession of first place and it would be our best first half of the season since '07.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
He's an outstanding player, but I'd love to see someone knock his dick in the dirt and humble his ass.
The Cowboys already did that. Aside from his big TFL on the opening drive his only highlight from the game was of Romo schooling him with a spin move.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Cowboys already did that. Aside from his big TFL on the opening drive his only highlight from the game was of Romo schooling him with a spin move.
I was going to say, I'm pretty sure Romo left his dick chopped off and bleeding in the dirt after that play.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Get those arms up DL...feel a tipped pass int tonight. I encourage the Skins to run bubble screens too...something we've done a great job against.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Get those arms up DL...feel a tipped pass int tonight. I encourage the Skins to run bubble screens too...something we've done a great job against.
I feel a 30-40 yard pick 6 by Durant tonight. It happening off a tip would be perfect.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I feel a 30-40 yard pick 6 by Durant tonight. It happening off a tip would be perfect.
If McCoy gets decent protection he can be pretty acurate especially with the short stuff. He doesn't throw well on the move.

p1_

DCC 4Life
:towel :towel :towel :towel :towel :towel

Let's just say my ass is ready. Bring it on, you redskin mofo's!!

p1_

DCC 4Life
Great point, I am ready to see the defense break out in some fashion tonight as well. They've been maligned for quite some time.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'd like a laugher, but I just don't see it. We control games though, so a 10 point lead is a blow out with our run game/TOP.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

:towel

Cotton

Staff member
Welcome to AT&T Stadium

October, 27, 2014

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

ARLINGTON, Texas – Welcome to AT&T Stadium where the Dallas Cowboys are looking for their second straight NFC East win of the season with the Washington Redskins visiting.

Winners of six in a row, the Cowboys are looking to match their longest winning streak since 2007. A win would push the Cowboys to 7-1 for the first time since 2007 and the 10th time in team history. And it would seem to lock them into the playoffs. The previous nine times they started 7-1, they made the postseason.

But this will not be an easy game for the Cowboys

Only two of the last 12 meetings between these long rivals have been decided by a touchdown or more.

Slowing them down: The Cowboys offense has been rolling along this year, but there is something about coordinator Jim Haslett that has made life difficult for the Cowboys over the years.

If DeMarco Murray is to extend his 100-yard streak to eight games, he will have to do something he has never done against the Redskins. Dez Bryant has just one 100-yard game. Tony Romo has more sub-200-yard games against the Redskins (three) than 300-yard games (two).

Haslett brings a lot of different pressures at lots of different times that makes it hard for offenses to get a read on what they like to do and when they like to do it. As a result, they are the seventh-ranked defense in terms of yards per game (321.9).

“They always do something new,” Romo said. “They'll have new wrinkles and new pressures, but you don't want to get too caught up in what they're doing. You kind of want to go out and execute at such a high level that it doesn't matter all the time. They've been a pressure defense over the years and you have to prepare and plan for it to be able to expose some of those errors.”

Same guy: Mike Shanahan had a history of plugging in running backs into his system and seeing them produce. Few of them went elsewhere and continued that production. Alfred Morris was a Shanahan find as well, but the Redskins running back has continued to produce in the system used by new coach Jay Gruden.

Morris enters tonight’s game with 432 yards on 88 carries with three touchdowns. In four games against the Cowboys, Morris has had at least 81 yards on the ground.

“He’s a great zone runner,” Cowboys defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli said. “Boy, planting, getting down field, he’s physical. He’s a terrific back. The one benefit we have is we play against our offense all the time in practice, same zone, so we see what a great zone team looks like each and every day, but he’s a heck of a back.”

The ref: Tony Corrente is the official for tonight’s game. Here is a breakdown of what Corrente’s crew called last week.

Top Bottom