Week 6 Game Day Chatter |Jags @ Cowboys | 10-14-2018

deadrise

DCC 4Life
He was so giddy last night. I just remember him saying "17 first downs in the first half, is that good" in that sarcastic tone. I loved it but as a fan of any other team I would have been annoyed as shit.
I was listening to Romo and thinking, this guy would be a great coach.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I seriously don't know what to expect from this team anymore.

If I had to guess, they go to shit again against Washington.

Who knows anything in an NFL where the best WR these days is white.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
I seriously don't know what to expect from this team anymore.

If I had to guess, they go to shit again against Washington.

Who knows anything in an NFL where the best WR these days is white.

That's the mark of mediocrity. They're going to win some games you don't expect, and shit the bed when you think they've finally figured it out.

8-8.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's the mark of mediocrity. They're going to win some games you don't expect, and shit the bed when you think they've finally figured it out.

8-8.
Crazy how it doesn't matter who the QB is or the talent on the team. They always tend towards 8-8 under Garrett.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Especially because the next 6-8 weeks all looks eminently winnable, if the offense can be just average.
Yeah this game gives me just enough hope that if we can get to 5-3 by winning the next two games and the offense continues to play like this I may get excited again. Of course if we lose to the Redskins we will be right back to where we were before the Jags game. This was the first time in awhile that the running game struggled and Dak still found ways to move the ball and score points. I know Zeke ended with 100 yards but he didn't do much in the first half. At one point he was at like 15 carries for 50 yards. Instead it was the passing game that wore them down so that the running game could get their yards late in the game.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I like that Jourdan Lewis has been getting time and looking good recently. Still think he ends up better than Anthony Brown. Which is not a slam on Brown -- it's good that we have 3rd and 6th round picks excelling at CB. But Lewis is just more talented.
You know he’s playing because of Chidos ankle though.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I said it after the Giants game back in week 2 and it continues to remain true.....this offense is a hell of a lot more functional when Dak is involved in the running game.

I get it. It's not a traditional approach but at some point you have to concede to designing the offense around your current starter's strengths. And when you have a big mobile QB like Dak, that includes designed run plays.

The Cowboys coaching staff has to be dragged kicking and screaming to a conclusion that seems plain as day.
And watch them get away from it now

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Yeah this game gives me just enough hope that if we can get to 5-3 by winning the next two games and the offense continues to play like this I may get excited again. Of course if we lose to the Redskins we will be right back to where we were before the Jags game. This was the first time in awhile that the running game struggled and Dak still found ways to move the ball and score points. I know Zeke ended with 100 yards but he didn't do much in the first half. At one point he was at like 15 carries for 50 yards. Instead it was the passing game that wore them down so that the running game could get their yards late in the game.
Excited about what? A trip, say, to the NFC Championship game? Playoffs? Only to lose again in the first game?

Here's the thing: there's enough talent there -- especially on defense -- to make a fan think the team could do well if a couple of lucky breaks fell into place. But the key is whether the coaching holds up.

And there's probably just enough coaching incompetence to ensure more of Garrett for another few years.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Excited about what? A trip, say, to the NFC Championship game? Playoffs? Only to lose again in the first game?

Here's the thing: there's enough talent there -- especially on defense -- to make a fan think the team could do well if a couple of lucky breaks fell into place. But the key is whether the coaching holds up.

And there's probably just enough coaching incompetence to ensure more of Garrett for another few years.
Excited that maybe Dak isn't total trash. Excited that this team has the talent. Even if it ends with a playoff loss I think it would be good progress for this team. At this point I'll take it since we all know a 8-8 season isn't getting Garrett fired.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Saw this on a Jags message board.

Maybe the players could stop talking so much crap

I mean really. Even after this loss, Telvin Smith saying keep sleeping on us and stuff. Enough already. The team has looked horrible the past 2 weeks and Telvin Smith has looked terrible.

Also, Its time to fire Wash. The league has caught up to him. It seems every time this team faces a creative offensive coordinator he gets outmatched. Id rather have Perry Fewell take over.
Wait, what?

:lol

Never thought I'd ever see anybody confuse our offense with creativity.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Beathard actually looking decent

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I mean, Disney has to have some reason to believe these halftime musical acts are going to improve ratings, but I can't see how.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Well, we overreact to our own coaches' flaws, for sure.
Surely you're not suggesting that our offense if even remotely creative. A play here and there, sure. But as a whole, creativity is a loooooong way from our offensive design.

Top Bottom