Week 4 Gameday Chatter | Saints vs. Cowboys | 09/28/2014

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'm watching Marty B and I know the same fate awaits Escobar.

He'll go elsewhere and be a solid starting TE.

You can throw Fasano in there as well.
Bennett never really got his head straight in Dallas. If he had he probably would still be here.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It's the Steelers.

That's just hard nosed, blue collar defense.
That includes running into a guy with your back to the LOS with your arms flailing wildly at your side.

Toughness.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Oh, I completely agree with you.

It was me more lamenting the fact that we keep wasting draft picks on TEs but we rarely use them.

BTW, remember during last year's draft Jerry was hesitant about burning another high draft pick on a TE but apparently one of the offensive coaches promised him that it would be different this time.

Well here we are 3 games into year two and Escobar is still under utilized in the game plan.

That was our wonderful head coach that had to promise that.

But he was all about the offensive line and stuff.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Bennett never really got his head straight in Dallas. If he had he probably would still be here.
Even if he straightened up and remained in Dallas I doubt he'd see more than 4 passes thrown his way per game.

Ideally you'd want your 2nd round pick to be more involved in the offense than that.

data

Forbes #1
To think that Whitehurst actually commanded a third round once.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Damn, the Bills defenders just gave up and allowed the Texans guy to roll for that first down.

data

Forbes #1
The Jags' uniforms look like a gaudy purse a 60-year old woman would buy at Neiman Marcus

data

Forbes #1
Even if he straightened up and remained in Dallas I doubt he'd see more than 4 passes thrown his way per game.

Ideally you'd want your 2nd round pick to be more involved in the offense than that.
I think Romo wouldn't bypass his butt-buddy and throw it to any 2nd TE with consistency

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Yep, taking a 2nd round te back then made as much sense as drafting a 2nd round qb, neither will see the field until Romo/Witten are gone

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I would love the Bucs to capitalize on the Steeler stupidity.

Top Bottom