Honored Member - RIP

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
With that QB it has to be simplified.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Had Witten, just missed him.
Witten was wide open. Just flat out missed him.

Weeden' s stat line looks ok today, but this is a prime example why he struggles to win games. That was a key throw, it was open, and he missed it.

Well that and plays like the ugly interception.

I don't think Weeden hit a pass beyond about 10 yards in the air all game.

kidd

DCC 4Life
Witten was wide open. Just flat out missed him.

Weeden' s stat line looks ok today, but this is a prime example why he struggles to win games. That was a key throw, it was open, and he missed it.

Well that and plays like the ugly interception.

I don't think Weeden hit a pass beyond about 10 yards in the air all game.
While I put this loss mainly on the defense, Weeden friggin sucks!

The INT he threw should have been thrown away. That play and that stupid ass slide on third and short has me ready to see someone else next Sunday... Anyone But Weeden

kidd

DCC 4Life
I mean what kind of dumbass slides in the backfield on 3rd & Short?

p1_

DCC 4Life
So after gashing the Falcons on the ground in the first half, with an 11 point lead with your backup QB...we ran the ball 5 times in the second half.
Do us a favor. List each of the second half runs for us so it's clear how effective we were.

data

Forbes #1
A loss is a loss, but glad we didn't lose like that.

Laughingstock.

kidd

DCC 4Life
Do us a favor. List each of the second half runs for us so it's clear how effective we were.
Exactly. The box was stacked.

If Weeden could complete a pass beyond 10 friggin yds, they should have taken some shots down field with Williams. This would have burnt them atleast once and loosened them up for the run later.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
So 5 runs is enough of a sample to decide to completely abandon it?
I normally would agree with you, but they had us stumped at that point.

Our runs were going nowhere and we also kept putting ourselves in situations where we had to throw the ball.

I still would have liked to see a few more runs, but I don't think it changes the outcome. Poor defense and Weeden being unable to complete a pass downfield is what did us in in the 2nd half.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The defense went belly up and we should win if we score 28 with Weeden or anyone else... BUT the two biggest swings in this game in my mind were the fault of the offense.

1. The interception. Christ that was brutal. And at that spot on the field, basically handing them a TD. Absolutely inexcusable to throw that pass.

2. 3rd quarter, Atlanta punt and Beasley return gives us the ball to start the drive in Atlanta territory. I believe we were up 10 at that point. Get just 15 or so yards and you have a very makeable field goal. Get just 45 or so yards and you go up 3 scores and it's a much different game.

Instead we get : Witten false start. Run with Randle for a loss. Another penalty after that and suddenly it's 2nd and 26. Drive over. Absolute killer and we did it to ourselves. You have to capitalize on that kind of field position.

data

Forbes #1
The defense went belly up and we should win if we score 28 with Weeden or anyone else... BUT the two biggest swings in this game in my mind were the fault of the offense.

1. The interception. Christ that was brutal. And at that spot on the field, basically handing them a TD. Absolutely inexcusable to throw that pass.

2. 3rd quarter, Atlanta punt and Beasley return gives us the ball to start the drive in Atlanta territory. I believe we were up 10 at that point. Get just 15 or so yards and you have a very makeable field goal. Get just 45 or so yards and you go up 3 scores and it's a much different game.

Instead we get : Witten false start. Run with Randle for a loss. Another penalty after that and suddenly it's 2nd and 26. Drive over. Absolute killer and we did it to ourselves. You have to capitalize on that kind of field position.
One big swing is the TD/FG conversion. Giving up yards and FGs would've been okay.

Top Bottom