Week 2 Game Day Chatter | Giants at Cowboys| 9-16-2018

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yea this was more our defense stepping up combined with their ineptness. Tbf while we were still on scripted plays to start we looked good, also the Zeke td run drive adding in alot of read option
Honestly, I was not impressed with the Giants O at all. So that is where I fall short of saying the D "stepped up".

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Yeah, I just don't see Dak holding up running the ball a lot.

He'll be beat to shit by December if that is what he has to do for the O to move the ball.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I was just glad to see us take some shots. Just disappointed we gave up after we tried them deep 3 times. Still Austin and Thompson both look like nice additions to this offense. I'd like to see more Austin. His deep speed can really scare a defense.
Yeah, once a game.

That was a fluke play. And it worked for this week.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, I just don't see Dak holding up running the ball a lot.

He'll be beat to shit by December if that is what he has to do for the O to move the ball.
I don't give a shit if he is beaten up. Better than then trying to pretend he can be a pocket passer.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Honestly, I was not impressed with the Giants O at all. So that is where I fall short of saying the D "stepped up".
For a team with so many weapons they don't have the two most important things. An O-line that can block and a QB that can deliver. On paper experts look at their offense and expect big things. But they don't have even competent play from the 2 things you need to get those weapons the ball.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The defense held the offense to less yards and points than the Jaguars defense did. That was in New York of course, but still. The Giants offense isn't good but I wouldn't take anything away from the defensive performance.

The great thing about it is that you can even see young players like Armstrong flashing here and there, overall I think the defense has a lot of potential both now and moving forward.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't give a shit if he is beaten up. Better than then trying to pretend he can be a pocket passer.
Yeah I'm so glad Dak finally started running the ball like he is capable of. It really helps us move the chains. Especially when our regular running game isn't anywhere near normal yet.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The defense held the offense to less yards and points than the Jaguars defense did. That was in New York of course, but still. The Giants offense isn't good but I wouldn't take anything away from the defensive performance.

The great thing about it is that you can even see young players like Armstrong flashing here and there, overall I think the defense has a lot of potential both now and moving forward.
Especially when you consider Irving, Gregory and Woods should be coming back soon.

Stars

DCC 4Life
I'll do a recap without reading any of your posts....

The defense only looked good because the Giants suck.
The offense is terrible save for one play. Dak sucks and isn't a real quarterback.
Garrett is teh suck.

Let me know if I missed anything.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Same, if he gets hurt he gets hurt. Stop pretending he's a pocket passer

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm starting to think that Collins is actually the weakest offensive link overall, aside from the TE position in general of course.

The guy is so inconsistent and will single-handedly kill 1-2 drives a game, he just flat out whiffs about 3-5 times per game and is just beaten completely clean. His mediocrity is probably the most overlooked reason for the OL's decline.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I give most of the younger players a pass, they're still adjusting to the NFL game for the most part. Now the vets that have been in Dallas or the league for three or more years, they need to step it up.

I would still like to bring in some real competition at QB.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm starting to think that Collins is actually the weakest offensive link overall, aside from the TE position in general of course.

The guy is so inconsistent and will single-handedly kill 1-2 drives a game, he just flat out whiffs about 3-5 times per game and is just beaten completely clean. His mediocrity is probably the most overlooked reason for the OL's decline.
Yeah there was a blitz where he correctly took the inside game. But then just whiffed on his block anyway. So much talent but so much inconsistency.

Conner Williams actually looked pretty good today though. I get he wasn't going against much in terms of pass rush ability but I thought he played well.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I'll do a recap without reading any of your posts....

The defense only looked good because the Giants suck.
The offense is terrible save for one play. Dak sucks and isn't a real quarterback.
Garrett is teh suck.

Let me know if I missed anything.
SPot on

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah there was a blitz where he correctly took the inside game. But then just whiffed on his block anyway. So much talent but so much inconsistency.

Conner Williams actually looked pretty good today though. I get he wasn't going against much in terms of pass rush ability but I thought he played well.
Yea he was better for sure, it's encouraging but I'm sure he'll be up and down all year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also it's sad but Thompson and Austin are looking better than Hurns and Williams to me. Speed kills and those two have it while Hurns and Williams don't.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Begs the question, why not put Williams at RT and Collins moves to LG?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Assuming there's no more catastrophic injuries the offense will improve simply because Elliott is in his usual "running like he's in molasses" funk to start the year. He usually doesn't start looking his best until around game 4 so I think there will be some natural improvement there.

As far as the passing game and Dak, who knows?

p1_

DCC 4Life
Also it's sad but Thompson and Austin are looking better than Hurns and Williams to me. Speed kills and those two have it while Hurns and Williams don't.
Its early still, but TWill never impressed me. Hurns never was a speedster.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Begs the question, why not put Williams at RT and Collins moves to LG?
I think mental mistakes will happen whether he's at RT or LG. The big problem to me seems to be his processing of the game along with his hand usage, those are going to be issues anywhere on the line.

Top Bottom