Week 2 Game Day Chatter | Cowboys vs Broncos | 9-17-2017

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I just saw the comment where Ben McAdoo threw Eli Manning under the bus.

He threw him under the bus, ran over him, backed up and ran over him again.

:lol

That was awesome. Should be a fun week in NY.
Read an article that said Mcadoo was late getting the call in so they probably share the blame. The article didn't quote Eli but sure would like to see him respond. Not sure who I hate more there.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Not that it really mattered but that was an abysmal call. The OL basically leans into Lawrence's knees, he's not allowed to put a hand on the guy? His back is the only target that the OL presents to him.

It's one thing if you are using the guy's back to jump up and extend. This is not what happened here.

Once again the letter of a rule is misapplied against us.

Cotton

Staff member
Not that it really mattered but that was an abysmal call. The OL basically leans into Lawrence's knees, he's not allowed to put a hand on the guy? His back is the only target that the OL presents to him.

It's one thing if you are using the guy's back to jump up and extend. This is not what happened here.

Once again the letter of a rule is misapplied against us.
That call stood out to me the rest of the game, and was the play where I really started getting pissed about how things were going. It was almost as if after that call you knew we were going to lose.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
What I don't understand is making it a 15yd penalty, the most the D has to gain is blocking the FG, should they succeed because they used leverage the other guys get to kick it again 5 yds closer, but making it 15yd is just stupid, do they think the other guys back will break?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What I don't understand is making it a 15yd penalty, the most the D has to gain is blocking the FG, should they succeed because they used leverage the other guys get to kick it again 5 yds closer, but making it 15yd is just stupid, do they think the other guys back will break?
It was like fourth and a mile too. Why in the hell should it be an automatic first down?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I don't think the rule itself is bad, because you could have guys launched so high they'd get seriously injured. But that was a terrible application of it.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I don't think the rule itself is bad, because you could have guys launched so high they'd get seriously injured. But that was a terrible application of it.
Then do it like facemask, where you have the 15yd blatant injury risk type and a 5yd for incidental.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Lawrence has to know the fucking rules if he's going to be on the FG blocking team.

That's on both him and the coaches.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Lawrence has to know the fucking rules if he's going to be on the FG blocking team.

That's on both him and the coaches.
Especially since it was a point of emphasis this season, the coaches should absolutely make it known not to get even close to being called for it

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Especially since it was a point of emphasis this season, the coaches should absolutely make it known not to get even close to being called for it
Man I miss Parcells. He'd have the rules drilled into everyone.

No one coached situational football better.

Cotton

Staff member

Top Bottom