Week 17 Gameday Chatter | Cowboys at Redskins | 12/28/2014

data

Forbes #1
I don't dislike Wilson like you do but I'm not sure how anyone that watched the game today can sit there and tout Wilson as a top tier NFL QB. I did a lot of driving over the holidays and the number of calls on the radio thinking that Wilson deserved to be in the MVP discussion were crazy. He isn't an elite QB and that Seahawks offense is very flawed in my opinion. They are an elite defensive team that gets by with solid offense but nothing special. If the Rams didn't go full retard today that game would have ended really close with the Rams possibly winning.

Without Marshawn, Seahawks miss the playoffs

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I don't dislike Wilson like you do but I'm not sure how anyone that watched the game today can sit there and tout Wilson as a top tier NFL QB. I did a lot of driving over the holidays and the number of calls on the radio thinking that Wilson deserved to be in the MVP discussion were crazy. He isn't an elite QB and that Seahawks offense is very flawed in my opinion. They are an elite defensive team that gets by with solid offense but nothing special. If the Rams didn't go full retard today that game would have ended really close with the Rams possibly winning.
He's not an elite passer but he's very effective at what he does.

A few days ago someone posted the total yards from scrimmage (rushing and passing yards) for Brady, Manning, and Wilson and all of their numbers were very similar.

They all accounted for approximately 4,100 yards of offense.

So, yeah he's not an elite passer but he's moving the chains just as effectively as the elite passers.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Without Marshawn, Seahawks miss the playoffs
That guy is an odd dude but he runs mean. It's so much fun watching RBs like that. They just kind of beat the crap out of defensive players. The interesting thing with Lynch is he doesn't seem to be slowing down at all while doing it and it's not like he is a spring chicken by any means. I hope Murray can have that type of longevity. (Still running hard in his 8th NFL season)

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Sunday late game, folks
Works for me.

It's interesting that now NBC doesn't do both Saturday wildcard games. They just have one and ESPN has the other. But NBC picks up one divisional game each year. They announced this year it will be an AFC game and next year they get an NFC divisional game.

They wanted Pittsburgh and will take them for their wildcard game whether they win or lose tonight. I figured they'd want them or Dallas. Since they took the Steelers that put us on FOX. I'd rather have the Sunday late game anyways.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

A few days ago someone posted the total yards from scrimmage (rushing and passing yards) for Brady, Manning, and Wilson and all of their numbers were very similar.

So, yeah he's not an elite passer but he's moving the chains just as effectively as the elite passers.
If you contain his running though he just isn't that great as a passer from the pocket. Now part of that is he doesn't have a single great receiver or TE but that goes both directions. If you put an elite receiver on the Seahawks would he still look elite?

data

Forbes #1

Don't know if the stats support it, but he's annoyingly good at avoiding negative plays like Roethlisberger at his finest.

What should be 2nd and 17 turns routinely into 2nd and 5 or better.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Works for me.

It's interesting that now NBC doesn't do both Saturday wildcard games. They just have one and ESPN has the other. But NBC picks up one divisional game each year. They announced this year it will be an AFC game and next year they get an NFC divisional game.

They wanted Pittsburgh and will take them for their wildcard game whether they win or lose tonight. I figured they'd want them or Dallas. Since they took the Steelers that put us on FOX. I'd rather have the Sunday late game anyways.
I'm happy with that slot. Sunday waiting for that game may be torture but I like giving the Cowboys as much rest as possible and the ratings should be awesome for the NFL.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't know if the stats support it, but he's annoyingly good at avoiding negative plays like Roethlisberger at his finest.

What should be 2nd and 17 turns routinely into 2nd and 5 or better.
The number of times he is 20 yards deep in the pocket from scrambling away and throws the ball out of bounds to survive to the next down is crazy. He does do an amazing job of avoiding sacks and negative plays.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
If I had to create a Power Ranking for the playoff teams based on how they've looked heading down the stretch:

1. Seattle
2. Dallas
3. Pittsburgh
4. Green Bay
5. New England
6. Denver
7. Cincinnati
8. Carolina
9. Detroit
10. Baltimore
11. Indianapolis
12. Arizona