Week 17 Game Day Chatter | Cowboys at Eagles | 12-31-2017

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I suspect he's got a medical problem. If it's mental, he's got the whole off-season to get right. Competition is never a bad idea though.
Yep and you don't need to find a decent kicker in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd round. There are plenty of them out there.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dak is a company man like Witten. He will never say anything bad about anyone. Even when Dez is hanging him out there, Dak will still take responsibility for it.

GShock

DCC 4Life
He’s concussed

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rapoport was suggesting Rat Salad this morning. I don't see it.

But it should be clear to anyone watching this game and the last month at least that the offense is a bigger issue than the defense.

Now if you want to dissect it further and say it is Prescott or Bryant sucking so be it.

But the real theme is the simplicity of this offense. Today did nothing to dispel that notion.
I totally agree.

I don't think it was a coincidence that our offense started to look better when Switzer, Williams and Butler became our main targets either. I'd be really tempted to trash Dez and Beasley in the offseason. You can clear up a lot of cap room with those two contracts and frankly I think we are better off without them. Beasley mostly because Switzer gives us the same thing with a little more explosiveness. Dez because the forced balls to him are trash.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Rapoport was suggesting Rat Salad this morning. I don't see it.l

But it should be clear to anyone watching this game and the last month at least that the offense is a bigger issue than the defense.

Now if you want to dissect it further and say it is Prescott or Bryant sucking so be it.

But the real theme is the simplicity of this offense. Today did nothing to dispel that notion.
Zero points through 3 quarters is flat out pathetic.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Now there's an article by some schmuck named Kurt Daniels at DC.com that talked about how the defense dominated. Well no shit, Philly was playing backups.
Yeah, the only thing that impressed me about it was our rookies in the secondary

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now there's an article by some schmuck named Kurt Daniels at DC.com that talked about how the defense dominated. Well no shit, Philly was playing backups.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2017/12/31/game-recap-defense-dominates-cowboys-6-0-season-finale-win-over-eagles
I agree.

Although our defense has been playing great as of late. The young guys have really developed into something legit. I look forward to seeing more of that next season. Jaylon Smith looked really good today as well. I think his health is finally 100% and he is playing like he has confidence in his running ability again.

GShock

DCC 4Life
I totally agree.

I don't think it was a coincidence that our offense started to look better when Switzer, Williams and Butler became our main targets either. I'd be really tempted to trash Dez and Beasley in the offseason. You can clear up a lot of cap room with those two contracts and frankly I think we are better off without them. Beasley mostly because Switzer gives us the same thing with a little more explosiveness. Dez because the forced balls to him are trash.
It’s particularly grotesque given how much we have invested in the offense, littered with first round picks and huge contracts (and huge contracts to be with Martin... I guess).

I wonder if Dak wouldn’t do better with a gaggle of no names at receiver. No one to force it to, make him go through his reads, bunch of guys competing for the ball...

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Well, at least Dallas isn't Cleveland.
We arent that far behind if you look at playoff wins. Cleveland has 2 in 29 years and we have 2 in 23 I believe.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I agree.

Although our defense has been playing great as of late. The young guys have really developed into something legit. I look forward to seeing more of that next season. Jaylon Smith looked really good today as well. I think his health is finally 100% and he is playing like he has confidence in his running ability again.
Yeah, the defense has mostly been on the upswing and JS does seem to be coming around. He's essentially a rookie and maybe it took awhile for the game to slow down for him.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
It’s particularly grotesque given how much we have invested in the offense, littered with first round picks and huge contracts (and huge contracts to be with Martin... I guess).

I wonder if Dak wouldn’t do better with a gaggle of no names at receiver. No one to force it to, make him go through his reads, bunch of guys competing for the ball...
Replacing Dez would be a start. I don't mind a receiver who is all "Throw me the damn ball!" but you damn sure better catch it when it's there. Some of it's on Dak but most of it is on Dez.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We arent that far behind if you look at playoff wins. Cleveland has 2 in 29 years and we have 2 in 23 I believe.
We have been way more consistent at being mediocre. The Browns have had an ungodly amount of high draft picks.

Top Bottom