Week 16 Game Day Chatter | Buccaneers at Cowboys | 12-23-18

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
And if he does better it will go up. Isn't that sort of the point. Judge players on what they have done? Not what we hope they do?

So you would keep Foles and trade away Wentz? Wentz hasn't been as impressive as the hype warrants but he looks much more talented than Foles. The eyeball test.
You just keep shifting the field. My contention is that I believe Foles is a good QB and you don’t seem to think so. Secondly my contention is that Foles will take the Eagles further into the playoffs if the Eagles in fact get there. I make no comments nor or have I given any opinion as to whether the Philadelphia organization should make any changes in their team structure or trade anyone. And finally I don’t see where comparing Prescott to either has anything to do with the discussion.

data

Forbes #1
QBR does, QB rating does not. Of course QBR also considers rushing TDs, something QB Rating doesn't either.
I was referring to Dak’s 95, which is his QB rating.

Which scale favors Dak? Ie, which scale shows Dak ranked higher compared to the rest of the league?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You just keep shifting the field. My contention is that I believe Foles is a good QB and you don’t seem to think so. Secondly my contention is that Foles will take the Eagles further into the playoffs if the Eagles in fact get there. I make no comments nor or have I given any opinion as to whether the Philadelphia organization should make any changes in their team structure or trade anyone. And finally I don’t see where comparing Prescott to either has anything to do with the discussion.
It was simply a question. You seemed to infer Foles is better than Wentz so I was asking. You brought up QB rating and then I brought up Dak. You don't seem to care for it when talking about Dak but use it when discussing Foles/Wentz which is why I brought it up.

I am curious how far your love of Foles goes. Would you take him over Wentz? Do you think he is a legit starting NFL QB. I think he is a very good backup in a specific system but falls apart when higher expectations come. He plays loose and free as a backup and crumbles as a starter.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It was simply a question. You seemed to infer Foles is better than Wentz so I was asking. You brought up QB rating and then I brought up Dak. You don't seem to care for it when talking about Dak but use it when discussing Foles/Wentz which is why I brought it up.

I am curious how far your love of Foles goes. Would you take him over Wentz? Do you think he is a legit starting NFL QB. I think he is a very good backup in a specific system but falls apart when higher expectations come. He plays loose and free as a backup and crumbles as a starter.
We obviously have different opinions about Foles. I have made mine known. There isn’t much else I can add. He has delivered when called on and delivered positively. Wentz May have more of an upside since he is still learning the game but on an across the board comparison at this time Foles has delivered and Wentz has been injured at the critical times. That’s the basis of my opinion. Having more experience and showing up at critical times gives the edge to Foles at least for now. That doesn’t say he is absolutely better than Wentz rather the circumstances have shown that Foles has delivered and is a known factor in the critical times whereas Wentz carries a Question mark. That’s why I feel that Foles will likely be able to take the Eagles further as things are now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We obviously have different opinions about Foles. I have made mine known. There isn’t much else I can add. He has delivered when called on and delivered positively. Wentz May have more of an upside since he is still learning the game but on an across the board comparison at this time Foles has delivered and Wentz has been injured at the critical times. That’s the basis of my opinion. Having more experience and showing up at critical times gives the edge to Foles at least for now. That doesn’t say he is absolutely better than Wentz rather the circumstances have shown that Foles has delivered and is a known factor in the critical times whereas Wentz carries a Question mark. That’s why I feel that Foles will likely be able to take the Eagles further as things are now.
Fair enough, I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop with Foles. Maybe he has some clutch ability that makes him super human in these situations. But his long history makes me think that eventually he is going to come back to earth and be the mediocre QB he has always been. It's why I don't fear him. Of course the odds of us ever facing Philly in the playoffs are slim at best anyway.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

data

Forbes #1
Why would we design a play for the LG to cross the center and make a block on the LDE? That seems to be a disaster in the making and we're lucky that Sua Filo was able to lunge for a last-second push to direct LDE around.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why would we design a play for the LG to cross the center and make a block on the LDE? That seems to be a disaster in the making and we're lucky that Sua Filo was able to lunge for a last-second push to direct LDE around.
Because of the play action. I think we are faking the trap to Zeke. We are trying to make our blocking look like that play to get the LBer out of position which it does and it opens up the space for Cole to get wide open.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Because of the play action. I think we are faking the trap to Zeke. We are trying to make our blocking look like that play to get the LBer out of position which it does and it opens up the space for Cole to get wide open.
bam!

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah I mean we do all kinds of stupid shit but this isn't one of them.

Now that play to Cooper near the goal line where Schultz goes right by the guy who makes the tackle and then proceeds to not block the next guy. That would be a much better example of what the fuck were the coaches thinking. Ended in like a 6 yard loss near the goal line.

data

Forbes #1
Props. This kind of play seems better-suited for a QB with Quicker decisiveness.

any hesitation and it seems doomed for a Dak sack

Top Bottom