Week 13 Game Day Chatter | Sunday Games | 12-03-2017

data

Forbes #1
It was "overrated", not that he wasn't a "legitimate franchise QB".

He can have shit games, make mistakes, etc., but he still gets some recognition like he can carry a team.

He can't. Hence, overrated.
Our definitions are different then. You doubt his ability to carry a team, but agree he's a legitimate franchise QB. For me, they're one in the same.

I mean, Romo's a legitimate franchise QB that can carry his team. Can he win SB by himself? No. Of course he has to have a supporting cast to reach the pinnacle.

data

Forbes #1
Before November, for overrated, it'd have been Dak Prescott. Right now, it's Carson Wentz.

I mean, consideration for NFL MVP? C'mon.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I just want everyone here to know, I love the shit out of some onions.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Tyrod Taylor almost pulled off a Michael Vick run. Stepped out of bounds by an inch or two to ruin it though.

data

Forbes #1
By the way, got me some Cyber Monday stuff and...well, smart things in your home are nerdy and dorky as shit, but they're fun to play with.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Our definitions are different then. You doubt his ability to carry a team, but agree he's a legitimate franchise QB. For me, they're one in the same..
The definition of a "franchise QB" is different now than it used to be.

Back in the day, it meant something like Marino or Elway carrying clearly shitty teams. Now the disparity between good QBs and mediocre is so wide.

I am a traditionalist, a "franchise QB" is capable of taking the team on his shoulders. You might as well say that there are less than five-six in this league. And I wouldn't put Ryan in that group.

But in terms of how people think about it now, it just means a QB you can win with consistently and who occasionally can have a big game.

data

Forbes #1
The definition of a "franchise QB" is different now than it used to be.

Back in the day, it meant something like Marino or Elway carrying clearly shitty teams. Now the disparity between good QBs and mediocre is so wide.

I am a traditionalist, a "franchise QB" is capable of taking the team on his shoulders. You might as well say that there are less than five-six in this league. And I wouldn't put Ryan in that group.

But in terms of how people think about it now, it just means a QB you can win with consistently and who occasionally can have a big game.
Fair enough. Off the cuff here, I guess I'd put it into categories of elite, franchise, solid, JAG, Replacement.

Elite - Rodgers, Brady, Roethlisberger
Franchise - Brees, Ryan, Rivers, Wilson
Solid - Stafford, Cousins, Alex Smith, Cam Newton
JAG - Flacco, Andy Dalton
Replacement - Cutler

lostxn

DCC 4Life
The Minny-Falcons game can affect us. We should be rooting for Viks.
Also we want the Ravens to beat the Lions and TB to beat Green Bay.

data

Forbes #1
Even watching Hundley and the Packers game, I just hate our passing offense design.

Our offense is so Revolutionary-War-British-style line 'em up, meet us here at this time, here's what we're going to do, fire away and beat your man.

Create some mismatches, misdirection and different tempo plays.

data

Forbes #1
Even if you don't care to root for the Vikings for a Cowboys playoff spot, you should root for Vikings to keep step for #1 seed over the Eagles.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Oh yeah?

Fuck Pat McQuistan.

What do you think about that, asshole?
Look here old man, there’s no need to get hostile. Did you switch out booze for formaldehyde this morning?

And you cannot disprove my statement about the GOAT. He’s not here, and we don’t have a Super Bowl title.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
God the Vikings are a super boring team to watch. Like watching our offense.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Look here old man, there’s no need to get hostile. Did you switch out booze for formaldehyde this morning?

And you cannot disprove my statement about the GOAT. He’s not here, and we don’t have a Super Bowl title.
Is he the most unattractive Cowboy ever?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I want to scream douche, but I can't.

It would have been nice to see Tony Romo chew out Jason Garrett like this at least once over the years.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
God the Vikings are a super boring team to watch. Like watching our offense.
That is because they have an average OC in Pat Shurmur that has been recycled over and over and over again.

Top Bottom