Week 11 Gameday Chatter | Eagles @ Cowboys | 11/19/2017

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
What ever happened to Mike Martz?
Completely out of football and making dumbass comments like this:

In the book "Blitzed: Why NFL Teams Gamble on Starting Rookie Quarterbacks," due out in September, Martz was asked whether McVay can make a difference with Goff. Goff appeared in seven games last season under veteran coach Jeff Fisher.?An excerpt of the book was obtained by ESPN.

"What is he, a couple of months older than Jared? They hired a buddy for Jared," Martz was quoted as saying in the book. "The NFL has nothing to do with being the friend or the buddy of the quarterback. You've got to coach them and work them hard with respect. But buddy? And this guy is a quarterback expert? An offensive expert? Wait a minute while I puke."
How's the prediction working out for you now, Mike?

midswat

... soon
Redskins lost their leading receiver/rusher for the year. Chris Thompson carted off and it looked bad.

Huge blow to them.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Ricky Seals-Jones with his second TD of the day because of course.
Because teams are so beaten up that guys like him actually see action.

The last CBA really weakened the game in so many ways.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Redskins lost their leading receiver/rusher for the year. Chris Thompson carted off and it looked bad.

Huge blow to them.
Yeah, but they weren't going anywhere to begin with.

It just seems like a weird year. Normally you can't see there before Thanksgiving and already start eliminating teams from postseason consideration.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Huge blow to them.
Cousins was shaken up on that play, too. But, I think he came back in.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Fuckin' Redskins look better than we do right now...just went down the field against N.O.
Just when you think the Redskins are about fall apart for the season, they pull out an unexpected win to show you that there is still a lot of fight in them.

This game is far from over but it's another example of their unwillingness to give up.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
GB is the perfect example of just how important good QB play is.
Yeah Hundley is sure no Rodgers, not that I expected him to be but those two picks have helped screw GB. On a side note, Bears/Lions has turned into at least a somewhat entertaining game.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
How's the prediction working out for you now, Mike?
Pretty clear there is an age gap working in the NFL.

Unless you are Belichick, it is hard to relate. Belichick is like a damn God, so they feel they have to respect him. Some other schlub with no skins on the wall? Good luck.

The "younger" coaches or at least the guys willing to embrace the college concepts to relate to the product coming from the college game are the ones that are thriving.

Remember when that was supposed to be a benefit to Garrett like ten years ago?

He coached like an old man when he first started and now is about as out of touch as Parcells was at the very end.

midswat

... soon
Yeah, but they weren't going anywhere to begin with.

It just seems like a weird year. Normally you can't see there before Thanksgiving and already start eliminating teams from postseason consideration.
True, but like Seattle, it’s someone we have to beat to get to the playoffs so it makes our path easier.

midswat

... soon
Redskins taking it to the Saints.

Maybe the eagles are due for a down game as well.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Had some red beans and fried potatoes for lunch. Right after the wife and I got married that was all we would eat because of how poor we were. You would think I would never want them again, but I still love them.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I certainly hope for the NFL's sake that the two best NFC teams at the end are not the Vikings and Rams playing for it all.

Nobody would give a shit.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
What the fuck was Reid doing in a 6-6 game having Travis Kelce throwing a pass?

Really?

That is so damn weak.

I would be going apeshit if I were a Chiefs fan.

midswat

... soon
Chiefs/Giants tie game 6-6.

Barn. Burner.

midswat

... soon
Sean Payton says the only thing keeping Kamara from winning rookie of the year was him (Payton).

I tried to tell you guys how good he is.

Top Bottom