Watkins: Dez Bryant matures on the field too

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Dez Bryant matures on the field too

October, 18, 2013

By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant has not only matured off the field but on it as well.

Bryant has never been afraid to talk a little noise with opposing cornerbacks on the field. Last week against the Washington Redskins, Bryant traded playful barbs with DeAngelo Hall.

Sunday afternoon, Bryant will face the Philadelphia Eagles and most likely corner Cary Williams. The two met last season when Williams played for the Baltimore Ravens and each traded words on and off the field especially after Bryant failed to snag a game-tying two-point conversion pass.

This time, Bryant has taken the high-road regarding the trash talk and he credits his son with helping him mature.

"Each and every day, I got a little boy and he makes me feel old and that comes with everything else," Bryant said of the toddler. "Sometimes, it gets tiring, it all depends who it is, what's it about, what's this for, what you're trying to prove, if you're trying to prove anything. That's when that kind of stuff comes out."

What are you trying to prove?

"I'm not trying to prove anything," Bryant said. "I'm just going to go out and play my game like everybody else."

On the season, Bryant is tied for 15th in the NFL in catches (34), 15th in yards (459) and second among receivers in touchdowns (six).

Top Bottom