Watkins: Cowboys still searching for offensive line help

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Cowboys still searching for offensive line help

August, 10, 2013

By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

OAKLAND -- While the Cowboys' offensive line was being praised for a solid job in the 19-17 loss to the Oakland Raiders, there still could be some pending moves.

Multiple sources indicate the Cowboys have an interest in guard Brian Waters, who hasn't played since 2011. The Cowboys have turned to Waters after guard Brandon Moore backed out of a verbal agreement and decided to retire.

Injuries and ineffective play have forced the Cowboys to search for some help.

"Again, it's just an overall look see on what we are doing in the interior, and he is an outstanding player," Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones said Friday night about Waters. "That's about all I can say about that."

Jones said he's not concerned about trying to sign a player who is retired, especially after missing out on a player who elected to retire instead of playing.

"Well, I would just say that the quality of the people we are talking to, if they decide to come play, they will play," Jones said. "That's not a concern of mine at all. Fact that they are considering not playing, knowing the quality of the people we are talking to, I respect that. I also respect the fact that if they decide to come, they will come and be a good player for us."

If Waters signs, he could move into the right guard spot, currently held by Mackenzy Bernadeau, who made his preseason debut against the Raiders after missing the first game last week against the Miami Dolphins.

"I'm just going to continue to work hard and be the best player that I can be no matter who they bring in or who they don’t bring in," Bernadeau said. "I'm going to work hard and of course they have to do what they have to do. We're short on the offensive line so, I can only worry about what I can control."
----------------

It infuriates me when he talks in idiotic circles like that.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
What? You don't like when he says "if they decide to come play, they will play"?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
He means anyone who they bring in will be a starter not a scrub.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Props, Jerry.

You've proven the haters wrong once again.

The man leaves no stone unturned when searching for protection upfront for his $100million QB.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He means anyone who they bring in will be a starter not a scrub.
Actually I think he's saying that they are making doubly sure anyone signed is not going to retire. He also respects the rights of someone to contemplate retirement as long as they finish all the "contemplating" before signing a new deal.

Top Bottom