Watkins: All quiet with Dez Bryant, and that's a good thing

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
All quiet with Dez Bryant, and that's a good thing

May, 14, 2013

By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

The offseason is in full swing and there are no negative stories coming from Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant.

No issues at a mall, no issues with family, nothing.

Peace and quiet.

Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones expects it that way and joked that his private line hasn't rung once because of Bryant.

"He's certainly matured," Jones said Monday night during an interview on Sirius/XM Radio. "You would expect that, you hope for that and that is happening. Football means everything to him and he certainly had a lot of growing up to do, probably more so than your average player in the NFL. He's quick to understand that and he's doing that and he's doing it at a real fast pace. I know better to really get too positive because you can really get that call."

A mature Bryant, one who is gaining command of the offense and of his personal life, should be seen as a positive.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I bet he slaps his mama with a hat before the end of the summer.

Cotton

Staff member
I bet he slaps his mama with a hat before the end of the summer.
Nah, I think he is past all that. You can even see a change in just his tweets. He just seems more mature now.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Nah, I think he is past all that. You can even see a change in just his tweets. He just seems more mature now.
Okay.

I bet he gets caught soliciting a hooker by the end of the summer...since ya know, he's becoming a grown up.

Cotton

Staff member
Okay.

I bet he gets caught soliciting a hooker by the end of the summer...since ya know, he's becoming a grown up.
And, I see nothing wrong with that. :towel

Top Bottom