Ware Watch 2014

D

Deuce

I'm getting a kick out of these clueless "analysts" on NFL Network who still claim Ware is the Cowboys best defensive player.

Yeah, maybe 2 years ago.

Ware has been an average player for about a year and a half now.

If your "best" defensive player's final stat line on game day consistently reads 2 tackles, 0 sacks, 1 QB pressure.....it may be time to look for an upgrade.
BUT HE HAS TO BE GAMEPLANNED FOR!!!1!

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
BUT HE HAS TO BE GAMEPLANNED FOR!!!1!
Ware in his prime was a beast. Ware injured last year was terrible against the run and bad as a pass rusher. If those injuries were isolated to one season I may understand but I feel like we have been dealing with the same exact neck, shoulder and elbow issues every year. It's not going to suddenly change.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Cleared space for Revis. Sporting News radio said we have agreed on trade compensation, working on contract.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Bottom line with the Ware release is that Dallas can get a lot of good young talent with what they were paying him. Mark one up for the organization on the release. Now let's wait and see if the replacements are worth the money.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
His horrendous game against the Redskins to end the season 2 years ago I chalked up to injuries. But watching him run right past the QB all year let me know the old dog needed to be taken out back and shot.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
I really hope we sign Melton just so on a hot day we can say, "he's Melton out there in the hot sun!"

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
I'm getting a kick out of these clueless "analysts" on NFL Network who still claim Ware is the Cowboys best defensive player.

Yeah, maybe 2 years ago.

Ware has been an average player for about a year and a half now.

If your "best" defensive player's final stat line on game day consistently reads 2 tackles, 0 sacks, 1 QB pressure.....it may be time to look for an upgrade.
I wonder what former NFLN expert analyst Darren Sharper has to say about this.

Stars

DCC 4Life
I would get excited about this if I didn't know Jerry was gonna re-sign Hatcher for ludicrous money.

"Well we like wut we hav in that thar inteerrer line now. This is juzt liek my gloryhole dayz" *wink wink* - Jer

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I would get excited about this if I didn't know Jerry was gonna re-sign Hatcher for ludicrous money.

"Well we like wut we hav in that thar inteerrer line now. This is juzt liek my gloryhole dayz" *wink wink* - Jer
We still have hope of signing Melton. We won't get both.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Are we going to have any dead money due to the Ware contract next year? He's not designated as a post-June 1st cut so I would think not...

Top Bottom