Walker: How Cowboys can become contenders in 2020 - Three moves that could return Dallas to the Super Bowl

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It's truly delusional.

I think the asking prices for both are well above what any team in the league - including the Cowboys - thinks they're worth.
Irony here is if you cut Crawford you can sign either of these two for just a bit more. They would effectively be drop in replacements.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Irony here is if you cut Crawford you can sign either of these two for just a bit more. They would effectively be drop in replacements.
I'd consider either one to be a huge improvement.

I agree with regard to Griffen. I think he and his agent are learning exactly what his market is and he would likely cost the Cowboys close to what they're wasting on Crawford.

But as for Clowney? That's some else that's delusional. In fact, it's being reported that several teams are "done talking with him" at this point. He's still looking for 'stupid money'.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Basically the team is saying Crawford is more valuable now than Griffen would be. Position flex and all that...

I think the Joneses want whomever starts at DE to not be perceived as a progress stopper for Gregory, the guy they really want to take the job.

In Crawford's case it's easy. He's a JAG DE and he can still play DT.

But Gregory can't be expected to start over Griffen or any big money FA, especially with Aldon Smith, Armstrong, Jackson, and maybe Anae competing for snaps.

Goodell knows Dallas wants Gregory bad so he's taking his time reviewing his case, if he's even reviewing it at all.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Couldn't the team earn a nice pick if they sign Griffen and he has a big year then signs a big contract?

That should be reason enough to dump Crawford and sign him.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Basically the team is saying Crawford is more valuable now than Griffen would be. Position flex and all that...

I think the Joneses want whomever starts at DE to not be perceived as a progress stopper for Gregory, the guy they really want to take the job.

In Crawford's case it's easy. He's a JAG DE and he can still play DT.

But Gregory can't be expected to start over Griffen or any big money FA, especially with Aldon Smith, Armstrong, Jackson, and maybe Anae competing for snaps.
I've stopped trying to make any sense of the Crawford situation because there simply isn't any. "Position flex" has been one of the worst curses this team has endured for years. A guy is mdeiocre at more than one spot and that's somehow a good thing? Sorry, I'll settle for a guy actually being good at one. At best, Crawford is a backup 3T on this or any other team. He was been passed over at that spot by Maliek Collins and they've been looking for somewhere to put him ever since. And he couldn't carry Gerald McCoy's jock on his best day. He has no business at RDE and is a total liability there. How the farce has gone on this long is nausea-inducing.

Goodell knows Dallas wants Gregory bad so he's taking his time reviewing his case, if he's even reviewing it at all.
I think that the situation with Gregory and the league is weird because it's truly different from others like Aldon Smith's. Smith had issues with alchohol and to the best of my knowledge has simply stopped drinking completely. That goes a long way in showing change. Gregory on the other hand, I don't think he has stopped smoking weed, the very reason he was failing tests and getting suspended. And while the league's position on marijuana has changed, it hasn't been eliminated completely (whatever one's opinion may be on that). So I can't help but to think that the fact that Gregory still couldn't pass a test for marijuana is an extenuating circumstance and a factor in why his reinstatement process is taking so long. Just my opinion anyway.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
And while the league's position on marijuana has changed, it hasn't been eliminated completely (whatever one's opinion may be on that). So I can't help but to think that the fact that Gregory still couldn't pass a test for marijuana is an extenuating circumstance and a factor in why his reinstatement process is taking so long.

I could be wrong but I thought that they weren't suspending for failed marajuana tests anymore though, so even if he's still failing tests he should be reinstated and just fined as per the new policy.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
I could be wrong but I thought that they weren't suspending for failed marajuana tests anymore though, so even if he's still failing tests he should be reinstated and just fined as per the new policy.
I think you're right, but i don't see how someone gets reinstated at all if they can't pass one of the tests from day one. That's my theory as to why a Gregory reinstatement hasn't happened yet.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Yeah, but that doesn't stop them from increasingly fining him until he has no money left.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Bottom line, we can't count on Gregory at all. Don't know why he's this secret hope for so many people.

The hole at RDE is a ridiculous one. Arguable the #1 important position on the whole defense.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Bottom line, we can't count on Gregory at all. Don't know why he's this secret hope for so many people.

The hole at RDE is a ridiculous one. Arguable the #1 important position on the whole defense.
Who is he the secret hope for? I haven't seen a single person here that would give me that idea.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Who is he the secret hope for? I haven't seen a single person here that would give me that idea.
I hope you are right.

Don't just understand why there isn't more expressed concern about RE.

It's the #1 pressure position for a 4-3, and we've got nobody there who had more than 1 sack in 2019.

Top Bottom