Video Game Chatter

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Operation sports says Madden 15 plays a good game of football but stats and progression are completely fucked in franchise mode.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Any of you chaps get next gen Madden? If so, what do you think?

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have $500 bonus check just sitting on my desk that I have not yet deposited.

Seriously debating whether or not to take the plunge and just get the PS4.

Thing is I don't play a ton of games. I usually get Madden and a hit game here and there but trade it in when I get bored.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'd get one if I had the cash laying around. I know I will eventually, so a bonus check would just make it a gravy purchase. I do the same thing with games...Madden, NBA 2K, FIFA, and The Show.

D

Deuce

Mixed feelings on Madden so far. Started a career with Bortles and got through 2 games. First one went ok. No gawdy stats and it was an average scoring game so I enjoyed it. The 2nd game was ridiculous. All the sudden, the entire defense became ball hawks and if they weren't intercepting the ball, they at least turned and made a play on it every single time. Very frustrating to watch that while the WR never make an adjustment to get it.

I don't know how hard it is to run as I don't have control over that right now, but Gerhart can't get decent yardage for shit and it seems other teams can't run on my D either.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I have $500 bonus check just sitting on my desk that I have not yet deposited.

Seriously debating whether or not to take the plunge and just get the PS4.

Thing is I don't play a ton of games. I usually get Madden and a hit game here and there but trade it in when I get bored.
[MENTION=24]mschmidt64[/MENTION] bought Madden on PS4.

If you get it too, then I'll take the plunge. We'd have enough to do a small league if you guys wanted to.

[MENTION=78]Newt[/MENTION], and [MENTION=61]GForce78NJ[/MENTION] were going to get it on PS4 as well if I'm not mistaken.

Newt

DCC 4Life
Mixed feelings on Madden so far. Started a career with Bortles and got through 2 games. First one went ok. No gawdy stats and it was an average scoring game so I enjoyed it. The 2nd game was ridiculous. All the sudden, the entire defense became ball hawks and if they weren't intercepting the ball, they at least turned and made a play on it every single time. Very frustrating to watch that while the WR never make an adjustment to get it.

I don't know how hard it is to run as I don't have control over that right now, but Gerhart can't get decent yardage for shit and it seems other teams can't run on my D either.
Running game is decent, I think it is improved from last year. I agree the passing game is a pain in the ass right now. Lots of adjustments to make. I did a fantasy draft before starting a franchise and ended up with crap QB's. The ball doesn't seem to get there as fast, out routes have been killing me, even when trying to put the ball out towards the sideline the corner still has been able to jump the route. I do like the view toggle, on offense, hate it on defense, it will sometimes switch mid-play and I haven't figured out why yet it really pisses me off. All in all I'm enjoying it, I've only stood up cussing twice so that's a good thing.

Newt

DCC 4Life

If you get it too, then I'll take the plunge. We'd have enough to do a small league if you guys wanted to.

[MENTION=78]Newt[/MENTION], and [MENTION=61]GForce78NJ[/MENTION] were going to get it on PS4 as well if I'm not mistaken.
I'd be down for it.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Running game is decent, I think it is improved from last year. I agree the passing game is a pain in the ass right now. Lots of adjustments to make. I did a fantasy draft before starting a franchise and ended up with crap QB's. The ball doesn't seem to get there as fast, out routes have been killing me, even when trying to put the ball out towards the sideline the corner still has been able to jump the route. I do like the view toggle, on offense, hate it on defense, it will sometimes switch mid-play and I haven't figured out why yet it really pisses me off. All in all I'm enjoying it, I've only stood up cussing twice so that's a good thing.
Everything I've read suggests the game is harder due to the improved defense.

Is that honestly the vibe you get, or does it just seem cheap? One of my biggest gripes has always been the lack of real NFL throws you could make in the game.

You either had passes swatted down that should not have been due to the the game having limited pass trajectories, or it would be one of those deals where the game just didn't have any run-through-the-catch animations and what should have been a TD would instead be an immediate catch and tackle.

The two things I looked for the most in the demo in recent years was to see if the passing game had changed and if pass rushers actually mattered, and every year, both of those aspects would remain the same.

Has either of these changed at all?

Last edited:
D

Deuce

Everything I've read suggests the game is harder due to the improved defense.

Is that honestly the vibe you get, or does it just seem cheap? One of my biggest gripes has always been the lack of real NFL throws you could make in the game.

You either had passes swatted down that should not have been due to the the game being having limited pass trajectories, or it would be one of those deals where the game just didn't have any run-through-the-catch animations and what should have been a TD would instead be an immediate catch and tackle.

The two things I looked for the most in the demo in recent years was to see if the passing game had changed and if pass rushers actually mattered, and every year, both of those aspects would remain the same.

Has either of these changed at all?
The realistic part of the passing game that's harder is that sometimes throws are just errant. No more firing a throw in there to a WR that's open and it's automatic.

The part I don't like is the defensive awareness.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The realistic part of the passing game that's harder is that sometimes throws are just errant. No more firing a throw in there to a WR that's open and it's automatic.

The part I don't like is the defensive awareness.
Did you play Madden 2005? That was one of the few good Madden games of the decade, but it was also the one were they focused entirely on defense. Everything was much harder.

Even online games were in the 17-13 range. While there were improvements, there was also a lot of cheap shit too.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member

i got it last night but only had time to play one game. Tonight ill be watching YOUR Rutgers Scarlet Knights take on Mike Leach's high voltage offense, so i might play at halftime

This weekend ill prob take 5 hours out of my life to sit on the couch and run practice mode, then all of you are doomed

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I'd probably join as well.

Top Bottom