Video Game Chatter

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The requirement to connect to the internet on a daily basis is flat out retarded. A large segment of the gaming population rarely connect their systems to the internet.

I'm sure it's mainly for Microsoft's marketing and tracking purposes.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
These 'next gen' graphics don't impress me in the least.
Remember when they showed that vid back before the 360 launched that was supposedly how Madden was going to look on 360 and PS3? They caught shit for it because the games never looked anything like that.

Well, this video looks a lot like that one did in that it looks like a pre-rendered vid and not true in-game graphics.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Fantastic.

I don't like Xbox anyways, but they have judges in their back pockets? Come on.
I was being facetious with that comment. The fact is that the first sale doctrine is well established when it comes to print media and for some reason has not been extended to digital media. Which is bullshit because the principals of why the doctrine was established are the same for both.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Every time I fire up Madden I play for half an hour and then realize what a buggy, cheating CPU, horribly designed interface, slow loading menu, gimmicky AI, uncustomizable roster and player editing piece of shit game it is.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Have you guys ever heard of Humble Bundle?

It's some kind of organization that raises money for charity by somehow getting game publishers to let them sell their games for basically nothing. The website publishes weekly sales where you can pay "whatever you want" for a particular piece of software. Often times, paying "more than the average price" that people are paying allows you to also get some kind of bonus -- a soundtrack, extra software, etc. Also, for any game that runs on Steam, you must pay "at least" a dollar to get the Steam key (that's right, you can pay less than a dollar if you want to just download it and play it outside Steam).

Most of the time these pieces of software are indie games or low end stuff. However, occasionally there are some really good games or deals on there. See this list of previous humble bundles: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humble_Bundle#List_of_games_offered

As of right now, they are offering Alan Wake and Alan Wake: American Nightmare (an expansion pack).

Pay whatever you want. Pay ten cents if you think that's all it is worth. You can specify how to split up what you are paying, between the game developer, the Humble Bundle Company, and a specific charity. You can give as much or little to each entity as you want.

For these particular games, you must pay over $1.00 to get the steam key to unlock it on Steam (which I think is worth it because steam is awesome).

So I paid $2.00 and got both games on Steam. I used Paypal so it's completely safe. Now, Alan Wake isn't a Triple-A title, but it's a fairly highly rated game and a fairly prominent release and it clocks in at a solid 12 hour single player campaign. And it's fairly unique in terms of the story.

I recommend you guys try it out and watch for future Humble Bundles:

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Last edited:

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Alan Wake was a good game. Definitely worth ten cents. Cool site.

Carp

DCC 4Life
So I finally got around to playing Injustice: Gods Among Us...me and my son finished it. Cool game and story, but it felt very similiar to DC vs Mortal Combat.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
I just finished the complete Mass Effect series... Schmitty was right, if you're gonna play it you gotta start from the beginning. Awesome series and I will play through it again.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Just turned pro in my career in Tiger Woods golf.

Good game, as always.

Being as they won't be making another for 2 years, they are going to keep adding courses to it and patching it throughout that time. I'm definitely going to get my money's worth out of this.

Carp

DCC 4Life
So I broke down and bought a soccer game...FIFA 2012...I have to admit it is very fun.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
No kidding. How exciting can a soccer video game be if the real thing is boring as crap?
In all seriousness, there are actually a lot of people who play the games even if they don't like the sport.

FIFA is a very popular game.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
In all seriousness, there are actually a lot of people who play the games even if they don't like the sport.

FIFA is a very popular game.
I know it is a popular game. And a popular sport.

About the only soccer I am around is when my girl is actually playing a game. Now that, I enjoy, but I have a vested interest in that.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I know it is a popular game. And a popular sport.

About the only soccer I am around is when my girl is actually playing a game. Now that, I enjoy, but I have a vested interest in that.
I think soccer and baseball are similar in that they aren't sports that fans casually pickup.

If you weren't born into those sports in some capacity, then chances are you're never going to like them.

Although, soccer has grown a lot here in the states in a short amount of time.

Top Bottom