Video Game Chatter

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I only have an Xbox 360. Is it worth getting the newer Xbox One X?
Depends how much you play video games and what else you have.

For me it was "worth it" to drop $3k on a gaming rig a few years ago so I could play everything at 30-60 frames per second with maxed out graphics in 4k.

So I'd say paying a couple hundred bucks for the latest console is definitely worth it. A 360 can't do anything new anymore, if you want to be involved in new games you need that or the newest playstation. Both should be able to play 4k stuff.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I only have an Xbox 360. Is it worth getting the newer Xbox One X?
I have a PlayStation but I’ll bet it doesn’t resemble yours. It has a keyboard, guitar, PC, and some software programs.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Depends how much you play video games and what else you have.

For me it was "worth it" to drop $3k on a gaming rig a few years ago so I could play everything at 30-60 frames per second with maxed out graphics in 4k.

So I'd say paying a couple hundred bucks for the latest console is definitely worth it. A 360 can't do anything new anymore, if you want to be involved in new games you need that or the newest playstation. Both should be able to play 4k stuff.
One X would be a significant upgrade while still being able to play a lot of old 360 games.
Yeah, I just got into a new 4K TV not long ago so it might be a good time to drop some coin on the One.

Our projector also does 4K but the lag isn't real good when it comes to gaming. The TV however should be good.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Yeah, I just got into a new 4K TV not long ago so it might be a good time to drop some coin on the One.

Our projector also does 4K but the lag isn't real good when it comes to gaming. The TV however should be good.
Probably has a gaming mode. Make sure it is on to avoid lag.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
[MENTION=39]UncleMilti[/MENTION]

What kind of gaming are you doing? Just casual gaming, I'm guessing?

What games do you typically play on the Xbox?

All of this will determine whether getting a new one is worth it and what type of 4K TV to connect it with.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
@UncleMilti

What kind of gaming are you doing? Just casual gaming, I'm guessing?

What games do you typically play on the Xbox?

All of this will determine whether getting a new one is worth it and what type of 4K TV to connect it with.
Mostly just shooting games...Modern Warfare type shit.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Mostly just shooting games...Modern Warfare type shit.
If you intend to play those games online and actually care about how you perform, then the new Xbox would be worth it.

Like the PS4 Pro, it's an enhanced version of the console that allows games to run at a more optimal performance which leads to you getting small advantages in gameplay.

Whereas the regular Xbox runs Battlefield at around 40 FPS, the new one should run it close to 60 like the PS4 Pro does.

If you get a 4K TV with low lag input, then you'd have even more of an advantage when playing online.

If all you're doing is playing single player games, then it may not be worth it unless you really want to see the game in the best resolution possible.

midswat

... soon
Soliciting Xbox One video game suggestions for two boys (8, 10) and a girl (6)

Please and thank you.

Also, mods rename this the mschmidt64 memorial thread. 10 days since his last log in. Obv dead. RIP Schmitty

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Please and thank you.

Also, mods rename this the mschmidt64 memorial thread. 10 days since his last log in. Obv dead. RIP Schmitty
Just an FYI.... He has taken breaks from posting in the past plus I think they were expecting another kid so could jist be busy with life and holidays.

midswat

... soon
Just an FYI.... He has taken breaks from posting in the past plus I think they were expecting another kid so could jist be busy with life and holidays.
Well I did not know that. So there.
[MENTION=28]Rev[/MENTION]

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

Please and thank you.

Xbox isn't the most kid-friendly console out there.

If kids was what you were aiming for, you should've gone for the Nintendo Switch.

The Xbox and Playstations are now aimed at an older crowd. Long gone are the days when games were aimed at kids.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075YMNZ6D/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1&tag=igndeals14-20&ascsubtag=bcbf18a9-0f69-4503-97ec-a149cc5fd86d

Check out that link. Scroll below the description of the game and you'll see other games for kids, but there are no real standout games that every kid wants that's on Xbox right now.

Nintendo is the go-to for that.

D

Deuce

Xbox isn't the most kid-friendly console out there.

If kids was what you were aiming for, you should've gone for the Nintendo Switch.

The Xbox and Playstations are now aimed at an older crowd. Long gone are the days when games were aimed at kids.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075YMNZ6D/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1&tag=igndeals14-20&ascsubtag=bcbf18a9-0f69-4503-97ec-a149cc5fd86d

Check out that link. Scroll below the description of the game and you'll see other games for kids, but there are no real standout games that every kid wants that's on Xbox right now.

Nintendo is the go-to for that.
I'm getting my 7 year old a Switch for Christmas as his first console. He plays my PS4 a lot, but this will be his. And by his, I mean ours. I can't wait to jump on Mario Kart 8.

midswat

... soon
I just went in to gamestop to “look around.” Walked out after spending $560.

Got my kids an Xbox one and a few games.

And an Xbox one for myself. :dunce

Sniper Elite 4 was just lookin at me all sexy like.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
We bought the kids a PS4 last year, not realizing that there are very few games for children on the platform.

Might go the Nintendo Switch route this year, because Mario shit is right up my alley. And they will probably like it, too.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We bought the kids a PS4 last year, not realizing that there are very few games for children on the platform.

Might go the Nintendo Switch route this year, because Mario shit is right up my alley. And they will probably like it, too.
Good call. My kids love their Switch and it is portable.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Top Bottom