Tyrone Crawford retiring

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The glaring thing are the low stats and high earnings. Hung around way too long after being made.
Bored at work so I decided to do a little math.

Demarcus Ware

Career earnings - $89,993,750 for 12 seasons

Sacks - 138.5

Cost per sack - $649,774

Tyrone Crawford

Career earnings - 47,800,000 for 8 seasons

Sacks - 25

Cost per sack - $1,912,000

Cotton

Staff member
Seems like they waited for him to get healthy for years. He was going to be our next Darren Woodson as I recall.
He was much like Tyrone. We begged for years for him to be gone before it finally happened. They just hang onto players way too long, to the detriment of the team.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
He was much like Tyrone. We begged for years for him to be gone before it finally happened. They just hang onto players way too long, to the detriment of the team.
Matt Johnson never got on the field, so I wouldn't say they're much alike.

Crawford did play well early in his career, but I still don't understand how he got that contract.

Cotton

Staff member

:unsure

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
"Tyrone Crawford is a sterling example of the kind of player we were looking for when we were building our program," Garrett told ESPN. "Tyrone is absolutely the right kind of guy. He loved football and showed it every day. His passion for the game and his willingness to do whatever he needed to do to be his best and to help our team be its best was truly inspirational.

"... His preparation, his work ethic, his mental and physical toughness, his relentlessness, his competitiveness, his willingness to embrace any role, his leadership, how he practiced, how he played, how he handled success and adversity provided the standard that we were striving to instill in all of our players. Tyrone Crawford is the reason guys like me get into coaching."
:puke

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Right kinda guy, eh Garrett? Too bad that doesn't always win football games.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Jason Garrett: 'Tyrone Crawford is the reason guys like me get into coaching.'

Well no shit, if a jag player can become a multimillionaire why not a jag coach

p1_

DCC 4Life
not liking the ROI on that career. Lots of dollars, not much badass. Or tackles and sacks.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
not liking the ROI on that career. Lots of dollars, not much badass. Or tackles and sacks.
I have great news, though.

He gone!

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Little solace. He bled this organization dry and was allowed to do it.
And it's gonna keep on happening.

Eventually, though, they're gonna get this football franchise finely tuned. When they do, rest assured there will be multiple Super Bowls.

Yes.

p1_

DCC 4Life
And it's gonna keep on happening.

Eventually, though, they're gonna get this football franchise finely tuned. When they do, rest assured there will be multiple Super Bowls.

Yes.
1617326750393.jpeg

Top Bottom