Tyron

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I also think Frank Pollack is a good coach. He knows the Gibbs ZBS and it has been successful everywhere he has been. I would have no problem promoting him after Face Twitch moves on after this season.
I agree. Witten made a point early in his career to learn something new every year. Clearly that waned with the quality of coaching he was getting. It's cool to see Witten excited again, even if it's just better coordinated blocking with the OL.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I also think Frank Pollack is a good coach. He knows the Gibbs ZBS and it has been successful everywhere he has been. I would have no problem promoting him after Face Twitch moves on after this season.
I agree Pollack did wonders in Houston with minimal talent.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I agree. Witten made a point early in his career to learn something new every year. Clearly that waned with the quality of coaching he was getting. It's cool to see Witten excited again, even if it's just better coordinated blocking with the OL.
Yeah Witten had fallen off the last couple of years and I bet it was due to the lack of emphasis in runnimg the ball.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah Witten had fallen off the last couple of years and I bet it was due to the lack of emphasis in runnimg the ball.
He is always going to be what he is after the catch. But he's still an elite route runner and his blocking as quite underrated if he is given the assignment.

He seems like he likes the new "commitment" to the run.

He got about as excited as I have ever seen him after he sprung Murray's TD. That kind of display isn't like fake talking to the press.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He got about as excited as I have ever seen him after he sprung Murray's TD. That kind of display isn't like fake talking to the press.
He was awesome on that play, adjusting to pick off Leahry's guy after he whiffed.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
DeCastro has turned into a very good player so shut your whore mouth.
If he were a Cowboy, we would be wondering what Jerry was thinking.

I am just as shocked as you, but I am willing to admit he was overrated coming out.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

I am just as shocked as you, but I am willing to admit he was overrated coming out.
Overrated maybe in the sense that he's not a generational guard, but he's gonna make Pro Bowls.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
This is how you end up with a TE in the second round every year that you never use. Fasano is a starting NFL TE. Bennett is looking like a great NFL TE. Yet neither guy could do shit here in Dallas. The talent evaluation wasn't the problem, it was the position of the player relative to our need.

Neither was BPA when we took them. They were need picks based on what we were trying to run on offense.Same with Escobar.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard

No one could have predicted that big ACL/MCL blowout that ended his rookie year. He's not the Steve Hutchinson he was predicted to be by the draft mags, but that's probably why he dropped to 24th when some people were saying top 10. I think he'll be ok though.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

He was small and lacked power. IMO maybe OK for a center but not a guard.

Steroids, HGH... eventually he'll be OK, but just don't see it. Pouncey OTOH... beast.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
He was small and lacked power. IMO maybe OK for a center but not a guard.

Steroids, HGH... eventually he'll be OK, but just don't see it. Pouncey OTOH... beast.
Back when I was in favor of drafting him, I actually wanted him to switch back to Center.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Back when I was in favor of drafting him, I actually wanted him to switch back to Center.
I was OK with him at center, but at that point Konz in the second seemed like a better value than drafting DeCastro in the 1st and forcing him to switch positions. Anyways, Brockers and Wagner would have been great. What a night and day difference.

Two for one is a very, very hard sell unless you're talking elite QB or a lineman with HOF potential. The difference between the top 10 and the rest of the 1st round just isn't that great to justify it.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I was OK with him at center, but at that point Konz in the second seemed like a better value than drafting DeCastro in the 1st and forcing him to switch positions. Anyways, Brockers and Wagner would have been great. What a night and day difference.

Two for one is a very, very hard sell unless you're talking elite QB or a lineman with HOF potential. The difference between the top 10 and the rest of the 1st round just isn't that great to justify it.
I didn't want Brockers because he was another LSU bust waiting to happen.

I won the mock draft that year with Luke Kuechly, Bruce Irvin, and Harrison Smith (the latter two were second rounders, I was drafting for the Eagles I think). I'd take Irvin (as a 3-4 OLB) or Smith over trading up for Mo Claiborne.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I've been thinking about this for a few days, but if you were starting a new franchise and could pick any player in the league, excluding QB's, who would it be?

I really think it might be Tyron, at the very least he's in the top 3-5.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I've been thinking about this for a few days, but if you were starting a new franchise and could pick any player in the league, excluding QB's, who would it be?

I really think it might be Tyron, at the very least he's in the top 3-5.
Him or JJ Watt, but I would probably pick Tyron based on how long I expect him to be productive.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Yeah. I think it comes down to Watt or Smith as well. That's hard to choose for me.

Top Bottom