Two Years Later, Dak Prescott Has Problems

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:unsure

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Ryan Fitzpatrick.....RYAN FITZPATRICK, just threw for an NFL record 3rd straight 400 yard game.

That is how much easier it is to accumulate passing yards in 2018's NFL, and yet, Dak Prescott can't even get to 200 and we're really looking for other ways to explain why he's struggling?

Yes, the staff sucks, but so does he. When getting to just 200 is a struggle, then you just aren't very good.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Ryan Fitzpatrick.....RYAN FITZPATRICK, just threw for an NFL record 3rd straight 400 yard game.

That is how much easier it is to accumulate passing yards in 2018's NFL, and yet, Dak Prescott can't even get to 200 and we're really looking for other ways to explain why he's struggling?

Yes, the staff sucks, but so does he. When getting to just 200 is a struggle, then you just aren't very good.
Yeah, this is still an NFL offense. 200 is like bare minimum.

p1_

DCC 4Life

:unsure

:towel

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
As completely idiotic, bottom-of-the-barrel retarded as I believe Jerry and his son are, I don't believe they will offer Dak a contract extension if he remains on his current trajectory.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but that's just about the only solace I can take from this season.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
As completely idiotic, bottom-of-the-barrel retarded as I believe Jerry and his son are, I don't believe they will offer Dak a contract extension if he remains on his current trajectory.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but that's just about the only solace I can take from this season.
I just don't see how you can resign him. These numbers are Quincy Carter bad.

The problem is, we had over a decade of Romo. The QBs that we've cut bait with since Jerry bought the team are all guys who never really ever had any run of success.

Aikman was Aikman until he retired. Then, Cunningham, Carter, Wright, Hutchinson, Leaf, Stoerner, Henson, Vinny, and Bledsoe, were all kinda guys who sucked the whole time they were here.

We essentially cut Romo for Prescott. Prescott can fall back on what was in some respects an unparalleled rookie campaign. Carter never had that. Bledsoe never had that. The best these guys had was mediocrity before they were replaced.

So on one hand, I feel like, "No one would be stupid enough to resign a QB with Colin Kaepernick numbers."

Then on the other hand, I'm like, "Jerry loves his pets, and Prescott was a fourth round draft pick that he wants credit for unearthing. He's a face-of-the-franchise personality. He's marketable. They will bend over backwards giving him every chance to succeed."

And that worries me.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Then on the other hand, I'm like, "Jerry loves his pets, and Prescott was a fourth round draft pick that he wants credit for unearthing. He's a face-of-the-franchise personality. He's marketable. They will bend over backwards giving him every chance to succeed." And that worries me.
But don't forget, that where Jerry seeks to take credit, he also must accept blame. And over the last 11 games, Dak has been record level fugly. Who wants credit for that?

GShock

DCC 4Life

Absent something unforseen, we keep him on and see if the new staff can get anything out of him. Either they can (meaning he is successful), and its at a level that he's extended; they can, but they would rather go with a different option (no extension), or they can't (no extension).

We're not throwing franchise QB money at anything resembling the last 8 games' performance.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Dak needed work with his offense this preseason.

I bet his confidence can be salvaged, but it's gonna take a new coach to get it out of him.

If Garrett's sticking around, they may as well put Rush or White in there...this shit's getting out of hand quick.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I want to think that if he had a QB coach who could coach him through his progression, it may not be so bad.

But this has gone back to last season.

Almost makes you believe the Atlanta game really did fuck him up.

He just seems to be freaking out when the first guy isn't open, looking for the TE or RB too quickly and he doesn't have ol' reliable Witten to bail him out. Doesn't help that his RB has butterfingers either.

They're surely missing Frederick, but I don't want to put the blame on the OL either...although it is the only line Dak has ever played behind.

His struggles were mentioned in camp...so the head coach, coordinator, and QB coach had time to work with this guy. Is he not really putting in the time with his WRs? Is he so afraid of messing up that he's not trusting himself to make the throw? He reminds me of the Vinny Testaverde we had in Dallas. A guy who was broken down and wanted to stand back there patting the ball and taking unneccessary sacks, when it seemed like WRs were open.

So frikkin frustrating

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I think too many people are talking about Fitzgerald in relation to Prescott. To be fair, Fitz has five very strong WRs and TEs. Prescott has the worst in the NFL. That said, he shouldn't be at Tebow level though.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Or maybe what we saw in 2016 was a Robert Griffin-like mirage.
It's looking more and more like it. He had the perfect storm... A very strong Oline, A #1 WR that was still going pretty well. A reliable TE. A very strong running game. And a league that was expecting to see Romo under center, and was caught by surprise in what they should expect from him.

Once the league had some time to study his traits and the other parts began to falter..? Well, we're looking at it.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
Then on the other hand, I'm like, "Jerry loves his pets, and Prescott was a fourth round draft pick that he wants credit for unearthing. He's a face-of-the-franchise personality. He's marketable. They will bend over backwards giving him every chance to succeed."

And that worries me.
That's true, but Jerry is also very reactionary. He's usually behind on whatever the new trend is in the league, with no real semblance of any forward-thinking, big picture plan. Example: We have a mobile starting QB on our roster for 2 years, and Jerry never once advocates for using him as a runner until he watches another team beat us with that game plan and then goes "Hum, why aren't we doing that?"

As much as he may want to see Dak succeed, it's going to eat away at him that there are all these new, young, full of piss-and-vinegar rookies in the NFL like Wentz, Goff, Mahomes that are breaking records left and right. Jerry is going to see this, and he's going to want that, and I think he'll come to grips with the fact that Dak isn't the guy for that role.

Jerry's about to turn 76 and all jokes aside, the next big QB megadeal he signs his name on could very well be his last. I don't think he's hitching that wagon to Dak.

shane

DCC 4Life
Or maybe what we saw in 2016 was a Robert Griffin-like mirage.
Only Griffin's effectiveness that year came from rushing him a lot, and that wasn't sustainable considering his body type. Dak has actually showed the ability to make passes, although not so much lately.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
We essentially cut Romo for Prescott. Prescott can fall back on what was in some respects an unparalleled rookie campaign.
Fans were too busy homering out to recognize the success had little to do with the QB than the ideal playing conditions.

They were so happy Prescott wasn’t getting hurt like Romo did they forgot to recognize the lack of passing ability and lost themselves in the simpleton stats.

What I never understood was the coaches buying into it. They were utter retards for benching a healthy Romo in favor of Prescott. Dak can out clueless and conservative in the playoffs and mounted a comeback then spiked the ball instead of going for it all.

Pin the playoffs your QB is everything.

2014 and 2016 were our best chances, and the refs fucked us the first time and our own idiot coaches did it the second time, losing to a pedestrian GB defense.

They loved how Dak did everything they told him way, way too much. Fucking power struggle with Romo and Dez cost them a real chance in 2016.

shane

DCC 4Life
Fans were too busy homering out to recognize the success had little to do with the QB than the ideal playing conditions.

They were so happy Prescott wasn’t getting hurt like Romo did they forgot to recognize the lack of passing ability and lost themselves in the simpleton stats.

What I never understood was the coaches buying into it. They were utter retards for benching a healthy Romo in favor of Prescott. Dak can out clueless and conservative in the playoffs and mounted a comeback then spiked the ball instead of going for it all.

Pin the playoffs your QB is everything.

2014 and 2016 were our best chances, and the refs fucked us the first time and our own idiot coaches did it the second time, losing to a pedestrian GB defense.

They loved how Dak did everything they told him way, way too much. Fucking power struggle with Romo and Dez cost them a real chance in 2016.
You are retarded. Romo in the playoffs would have been 2008 all over again. Only he'd have fell to pieces after one hit like he did the time before.

ITS THE COACHING STAFF!!!! Until they go, we are fucked. But lets not throw the QB with the worst coaching and receivers in the NFL under the bus.

I mean, Zeke fumbled and stepped out of bounds on the TD pass. Why aren't you all bitching about him?

Top Bottom