Twitter: Jerry Jones Sued By North Texas Woman

GShock

DCC 4Life
If it ends with her wresting control from his liver-spotted claws, I'm all for it.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

Don't feel like posting the article. But this is some seedy shit.
Did this woman not know who Jerry Jones was at the time? A $375K buyout is pocket change to what many celebs & athletes have to pay in child support.

I've seen many instances where people whose net worth is much lower than Jerry Jones are paying $25K and up per month.

Cut that number in half just for the sake of inflation and Jones probably not being a billionaire at the time. She probably could have easily asked for $12.5K per month. Which comes out to $2.7M over the course of 18 years.

Jerry probably would have agreed to $12.5K per month just to keep it out of the news. Plus I'm sure he's aware that if the court systems got involved he probably would have had to pay much higher costs.

As the kids say, this woman truly fumbled the bag. She basically tossed away a winning lottery ticket that was worth millions.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Hopefully just adds more stress to his life during his final days.
The only thing that surprises me is that it's taken this long for one of his illegitimate kids to be identified. I'm pretty confident there are at least a couple more out there.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I just read the article and see that the $375K lump sum was only paid to the mom. Jerry's daughter had a trust fund with monthly and annual payments and additional lump sums upon turning ages 24, 26, and 28.

So the baby mama wasn't as clueless as I initially though.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
The only thing that surprises me is that it's taken this long for one of his illegitimate kids to be identified. I'm pretty confident there are at least a couple more out there.
No kidding. No telling how many kids he has running around out there. We always knew Jerry was a scumbag, and Stephen is the same way. Hopefully this causes him plenty of embarrassment as more people find out.

1bigfan13

Staff member
No kidding. No telling how many kids he has running around out there. We always knew Jerry was a scumbag, and Stephen is the same way. Hopefully this causes him plenty of embarrassment as more people find out.
I doubt he'll feel any embarrassment. There's significantly less judgment for situations like this in our current society.

However what it does do is give Gene Jones a little more ammunition should she ever consider divorcing Jerry.

Obviously I'm not an attorney but a divorce that's based on the infidelity of one party feels like a slam dunk for her to get 50% of his assets.

1bigfan13

Staff member
$375k? Even 25 years ago, Jerruh placing the franchise tag instead of a long-term deal. tsk tsk..
You made the same mistake that I did. You have to read the actual article. :dunce

Americans love to base their opinions on headlines.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I doubt he'll feel any embarrassment. There's significantly less judgment for situations like this in our current society.

However what it does do is give Gene Jones a little more ammunition should she ever consider divorcing Jerry.

Obviously I'm not an attorney but a divorce that's based on the infidelity of one party feels like a slam dunk for her to get 50% of his assets.
Oh you know Gene has known about his ways for basically her entire adult life. There's a reason the new yacht was named Bravo Eugenia.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
It's less embarrassing to be Lee Harvey Oswald's daughter.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah, I bet Jerry is protected by a 100% Adamantium prenup that he gets to do what he wants.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
If true, maybe this could pressure Jerry to sell the team. Wishful thinking, but would be damn sweet

Top Bottom