TV Thread

Carp

DCC 4Life
That show was an all-timer up until they were like oh, shit...we didn't think it would last this long.

I still remember trying to figure out the Dharma connections and stuff, and when it was all said and done, we got Bobby Ewing in the shower.
Right...when they showed that blast door map...I was all over the interwebs trying to figure out WTF was going on with it. Between searches of "blast door" and "Sawyer with shirt off" my browser was busy.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The Walking Dead returns Sunday night. :towel
Really looking forward to that, especially after how strong the first half of the season ended.

It started off slowly, but once it got going, that momentum seem to carry into every episode all the way down to that awesome midseason finale.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I finally got to watch Breaking Bad, but have to wait for Netflix to add the final episodes.

It is a great show. Mike Ehrmantraut may be one of my favorite characters ever.

That said, I still put The Sopranos ahead of it on my all time list. BB has more action and intrigue from episode to episode, but The Sopranos is just unparalleled in the subtlety of its writing, the depth of its characterization, its exploration of morality and humanity, etc.

D

Deuce

I finally got to watch Breaking Bad, but have to wait for Netflix to add the final episodes.

It is a great show. Mike Ehrmantraut may be one of my favorite characters ever.

That said, I still put The Sopranos ahead of it on my all time list. BB has more action and intrigue from episode to episode, but The Sopranos is just unparalleled in the subtlety of its writing, the depth of its characterization, its exploration of morality and humanity, etc.
I agree with all the positives with the Sopranos and if he they would have had even an average final 5'minutes of the series it would be my favorite, hands down. But they blew it with their bullshit artistic integrity.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
I finished the series and I understand the reason for your question. The finale went the way of Mash, Sienfield, and a few other epic series. It left me with a certain amount of dissatisfaction because it was almost rudely abrupt and with no resolution. I can see some of the motives by the writers but to answer your question, no, the finish was not appropriate especially with the obscure reference to the initials W.W. Frankly I cannot make the connection to what was important to the "clue" other than a memory that it had some reference earlier. Oh well.
You're only half way through season 5. There are 8 more episodes, they just aren't on Netflix yet.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I agree with all the positives with the Sopranos and if he they would have had even an average final 5'minutes of the series it would be my favorite, hands down. But they blew it with their bullshit artistic integrity.
I thought it was the perfect ending for what they had been setting up all season, and really all series. That may be because I was watching it after the fact and didn't get hyped up for it with the rest of America though.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I should stress that BB is right up there. So much humor, so many great characters.

After that on my list would be the first season and a half of Twin Peaks, but I put that on its own list entirely, I think.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I finished the series and I understand the reason for your question. The finale went the way of Mash, Sienfield, and a few other epic series. It left me with a certain amount of dissatisfaction because it was almost rudely abrupt and with no resolution. I can see some of the motives by the writers but to answer your question, no, the finish was not appropriate especially with the obscure reference to the initials W.W. Frankly I cannot make the connection to what was important to the "clue" other than a memory that it had some reference earlier. Oh well.
I took a while but I finally remembered the Whitman reference was on a note the cooker left in the Fring lab. Too bad we didn't see the pursuit of the clue.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I took a while but I finally remembered the Whitman reference was on a note the cooker left in the Fring lab. Too bad we didn't see the pursuit of the clue.
There are more episodes we don't have yet.

Edited, just noticed EZ said that already.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:towel

D

Deuce

Good Lord. Imagine thinking you've finished BB 8 episodes short. It'll feel like Christmas morning when you discover them.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Good Lord. Imagine thinking you've finished BB 8 episodes short. It'll feel like Christmas morning when you discover them.
I am in the same spot...waiting for Netflix to update.

D

Deuce

I am in the same spot...waiting for Netflix to update.
My dad was too, but I convinced him to spend the $12 or so to get the final 8 on iTunes. I think those episodes are extremely worth it.

Carp

DCC 4Life
My dad was too, but I convinced him to spend the $12 or so to get the final 8 on iTunes. I think those episodes are extremely worth it.
I'll wait...I have The Following and TWD going now.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I saw on one of the Hollywood video rag shows tonight the character who played Jesse on BB and he indicated there might be a new series starting up. He also indicated that some of the characters that were dead would be ressurected.

D

Deuce

I saw on one of the Hollywood video rag shows tonight the character who played Jesse on BB and he indicated there might be a new series starting up. He also indicated that some of the characters that were dead would be ressurected.
The new show is about Saul and it's based before the BB events.

Top Bottom