TV Thread

Carl

RIP Brother
And now it's either Justified or Deadwood. I am thinking Deadwood.

junk

Not So New Member
And now it's either Justified or Deadwood. I am thinking Deadwood.
I've enjoyed both although I think Deadwood is probably a bit better. It will just leave you wanting more as it ends abruptly.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Newt

DCC 4Life
We just started watching justified last week. Made it through the first season, I like it alot. Is breaking bad as good? I'm looking for new shows to watch, not sure where to start. I've heard alot about Dexter too but have never watched it.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
We just started watching justified last week. Made it through the first season, I like it alot. Is breaking bad as good? I'm looking for new shows to watch, not sure where to start. I've heard alot about Dexter too but have never watched it.
You will watch Breaking Bad and you will do this now.

Its better than Justified. Dexter is real good for a few seasons and then fizzles.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Breaking Bad is miles better than Justified. And, I'm a fan of Justified. It's just not even in the same universe as BB.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Breaking Bad is miles better than Justified. And, I'm a fan of Justified. It's just not even in the same universe as BB.
You should be bitch slapped for even mentioning Justified in the same post as Breaking Bad.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Has anybody watched True Detective. I heard it was excellent. I don't have HBO so I'd have to dig it up somewhere.

junk

Not So New Member
No, not as good as Breaking Bad, but still a good series.

Dexter is OK. Starts out fairly strong and then slowly falls apart. Dexter had a great actor in Michael C. Hall surrounded by a sub par cast (except for Lithgow in 1 season) and horrible writing. In spite of that, Hall was still good enough to make it entertaining.

D

Deuce

No, not as good as Breaking Bad, but still a good series.

Dexter is OK. Starts out fairly strong and then slowly falls apart. Dexter had a great actor in Michael C. Hall surrounded by a sub par cast (except for Lithgow in 1 season) and horrible writing. In spite of that, Hall was still good enough to make it entertaining.
I think Dexter had some solid actors, they just made a poor choice on actress for his ugly sister.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Has anybody watched True Detective. I heard it was excellent. I don't have HBO so I'd have to dig it up somewhere.
It is gooood.

Makes me want to subscribe to HBO.

But seeing what they did to Carnivale and Deadwood, no.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is gooood.

Makes me want to subscribe to HBO.

But seeing what they did to Carnivale and Deadwood, no.
I thought it was excellent. Definitely will be watching the entire season. Great actors and some great set up for future episodes.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I thought it was excellent. Definitely will be watching the entire season. Great actors and some great set up for future episodes.
It was fricking outstanding.

But no, I am not subscribing because of it. I will just take this free preview for what it is.

I have been burned by how they treated other excellent series.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Top Bottom