TV Thread

dallen

Senior Tech
Agreed. It was good at first, but fell off pretty rapidly about season 5.
It fell off after the 2nd season. 4 was only saved because of an all-timer performance by John Lithgow. At some point Dexter went from a bad guy who does bad things for bad reasons (but performed what you might call a necessary task), to a victim who does bad things for reasons he doesn't understand. Once the writer's decided there was a chance at redeeming a serial killer the show got a lot less interesting.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Damn...Rick just dropped some flatout coldness.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I liked last night's episode of TWD.

Obviously the Rick/Carol thing was good, but I like where things are going as far as Michonne and Tyreese goes too. I like how after Tyreese was questioned about his rage, he questioned Michonne about her obsession with the governor and even more interesting was her response to that question.

It's going to be very interesting to see how Daryl reacts to Rick's decision.

Carp

DCC 4Life
In the long run Rick was protecting her because Tyreese would have killed her.

I do like the smaller shows they have had recently...more character driven, which I like.

Reminds me of I Am Legend...that movie was excellent until the vampires showed up. Just seeing how Will Smith had to live his life in a post apocolyptic world was very interesting to me.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Carol has definitely grown colder this year. She's starting to remind me of Shane.

I like seeing that transformation because it's definitely realistic. Compare it to the change in mentality of veterans who saw heavy combat in Vietnam, Iraq, & Afghanistan.

She's spent years going through near death experiences; she's lost loved ones; and every day is a struggle just to survive to the next day.

There's a parallel there, IMO.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Reminds me of I Am Legend...that movie was excellent until the vampires showed up. Just seeing how Will Smith had to live his life in a post apocolyptic world was very interesting to me.
That was a good flick.

It's the only Will Smith movie I liked in like 10 years.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Do you guys think Rick had his mind made up when he went out there which is why he took her along, or was something that happened when they were out push him over the edge?

I'm kinda of thinking the former, but then I remember how he looked at her when she started telling that couple they should help sweep the houses after he had told them that they'd come back for them later.

Couple that with her decision resulting in at least the death of the female, and I can also see where maybe he saw that as yet another bad decision on her part that led to negative repurcussions and just decided it was one too many.

Carp

DCC 4Life
He had his mind made up, that is why they made a point of saying Maggie wanted to come along too, but he needed her to stay back.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
He had his mind made up, that is why they made a point of saying Maggie wanted to come along too, but he needed her to stay back.
Ah....that is true. I forgot about that.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
I haven't seen the episode yet but thanks for giving me a heads up on the Carol situation.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
the Tyrese scene where he kills all the zombies and defies odds was a lame shout out to the comic book fans. His character sucks ass in the show.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
Walking Dead spoiler:

Pretty sure this is all a really bad nightmare that Rick is having. #dreamsequenceexplainseverything

jeebs

Brand New Member
Walking Dead spoiler:

Pretty sure this is all a really bad nightmare that Rick is having. #dreamsequenceexplainseverything
Not a comic book fan, I sorta assumed it was meant to play off the idea that they could kill anyone anytime. Sure he should of died and it makes no sense he lived, but the show has killed so many characters I felt like it was intentional.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Disney’s Marvel and Netflix Join Forces to Develop Historic Four Series Epic plus a Miniseries Event Based on Renowned Marvel Characters

Landmark Deal Brings Marvel’s Flawed Heroes of Hell’s Kitchen, led by “Daredevil,” to the World’s Leading Internet TV Network in 2015

Burbank, Calif. - Nov 7, 2013—The Walt Disney Co. (NYSE: DIS) and Netflix Inc. (NASDAQ: NFLX) today announced an unprecedented deal for Marvel TV to bring multiple original series of live-action adventures of four of Marvel’s most popular characters exclusively to the world’s leading Internet TV Network beginning in 2015. This pioneering agreement calls for Marvel to develop four serialized programs leading to a miniseries programming event.

Led by a series focused on “Daredevil,” followed by “Jessica Jones,” “Iron Fist” and “Luke Cage,” the epic will unfold over multiple years of original programming, taking Netflix members deep into the gritty world of heroes and villains of Hell’s Kitchen, New York. Netflix has committed to a minimum of four, thirteen episodes series and a culminating Marvel’s “The Defenders” mini-series event that reimagines a dream team of self-sacrificing, heroic characters.

Produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Television Studios, this groundbreaking deal is Marvel’s most ambitious foray yet into live-action TV storytelling.

“This deal is unparalleled in its scope and size, and reinforces our commitment to deliver Marvel's brand, content and characters across all platforms of storytelling. Netflix offers an incredible platform for the kind of rich storytelling that is Marvel’s specialty,” said Alan Fine, President of Marvel Entertainment. “This serialized epic expands the narrative possibilities of on-demand television and gives fans the flexibility to immerse themselves how and when they want in what’s sure to be a thrilling and engaging adventure.”

“Marvel’s movies, such as Iron Man and Marvel’s The Avengers, are huge favorites on our service around the world. Like Disney, Marvel is a known and loved brand that travels,” said Netflix Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos. “With House of Cards and our other original series, we have pioneered new approaches to storytelling and to global distribution and we’re thrilled to be working with Disney and Marvel to take our brand of television to new levels with a creative project of this magnitude.”

This new original TV deal follows last year’s landmark movie distribution deal through which, beginning with 2016 theatrically released feature films, Netflix will be the exclusive U.S. subscription television service for first-run, live-action and animated movies from the Walt Disney Studios, including titles from Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Disneynature and Lucasfilm. Netflix members can currently enjoy a wide range of Disney, ABC TV and Disney Channel films and shows across the 41 countries where Netflix operates.

D

Deuce

Good to hear. I listened to the How Did This Get Made? podcast yesterday which focused on Daredevil. They had one of the comic writers who worked on the books there and he had said Marvel recently reaquired the Daredevil rights from Sony and so a reboot of some sort could happen. I remember being geeked for the movie only to see a pile of shit.

If they make Daredevil a little darker (like is requested of every comic book movie these days) than he could be great.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Mathew Schuler should win The Voice. With that being said I probably jinxed him. Oh and another thing, Grey in leather pants ..... yummy.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
That was one heck of an episode last night of TWD.

Herschel is the MF'ng man.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
That was one heck of an episode last night of TWD.

Herschel is the MF'ng man.
Easily the most intense episode of the year.

I can't wait until Daryl finds out about Carol. Punches will be thrown. Either between Rick and Daryl or between Daryl and Tyreese

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
TWD

I don't think Carol killed Karen and that other guy. I think she's covering for that kid, Lizzie. Remember when Rick saw that bloody hand print low on the door? They made too much of it for it not to mean something. When he asked Carol about it, she just said she was bent over. They let it go too easily. If that was all it was, why even bring it up at all? And she accepted her fate too easily when Rick banished her. I think Daryl will go looking for her and will figure it out. Then when they are on their way back, will be when the Governor will be attacking.

Top Bottom