TV Thread

D

Deuce

Season 1. Somehow, I accidentally jumped to episode 1 of season 4. So, I have watched all of the first season and that one episode.
Season 1 is great. Ep 1 is disturbing and funny at the same time. The last episode of season 1 was so good, Johnny Depp purchased the rights to expand the story into a movie.

This season has been solid, but I don't think there was one stand alone episode that you point to as greatness like previous seasons had.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Season 1 is great. Ep 1 is disturbing and funny at the same time. The last episode of season 1 was so good, Johnny Depp purchased the rights to expand the story into a movie.

This season has been solid, but I don't think there was one stand alone episode that you point to as greatness like previous seasons had.
You know some of the episodes I liked and some of them I thought were really dumb. Every episode sort of stands alone so it's understandable. I don't know if I saw the greatness with it that some of you guys have.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I'm looking forward to binging the rest of it. All of them seem to have at least a small bit of placed humor, and most of them make you think about how they apply to our current society and where it could be headed.

Cotton

Staff member
You know some of the episodes I liked and some of them I thought were really dumb. Every episode sort of stands alone so it's understandable. I don't know if I saw the greatness with it that some of you guys have.
I wasn't a fan of the last episode of season 1.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Just saw that season 4 of Better Call Saul probably won't be released until Sep/Oct. Only recently started filming it.

FUUUUUUUUUCK.

Cotton

Staff member
Just saw that season 4 of Better Call Saul probably won't be released until Sep/Oct. Only recently started filming it.

FUUUUUUUUUCK.
Yeah, I have been seriously missing that show. Sucks that we have to wait even that much longer.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

FUUUUUUUUUCK.
No shit.

Between that and Game of Thrones, it is getting out of hand. Waiting nearly a year and a half in between seasons? Seriously?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I thought it was Robert Downey Jr. taking episode 3 "The Entire History of You" and turning it into a movie.

As for your comment about this season, I thought "Hang The DJ" was pretty damn good.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
No shit.

Between that and Game of Thrones, it is getting out of hand. Waiting nearly a year and a half in between seasons? Seriously?
Try reading the Game of Thrones books. It was usually 5 or more years between book releases.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Try reading the Game of Thrones books. It was usually 5 or more years between book releases.
The worst with that is I've been waiting for the next damn book to be released and the show now. And it sucks because I'm actually really eager to read the next book because it has split away from the show pretty significantly. But there is no date certain on that either. It was supposed to have been out by now.

D

Deuce

I thought it was Robert Downey Jr. taking episode 3 "The Entire History of You" and turning it into a movie.

As for your comment about this season, I thought "Hang The DJ" was pretty damn good.
That is the one that he grabbed, season 1 was only 3 eps.

Hang the DJ was very good, but I’m not sure if it will end up being memorable like The History of Us, Be Right Back, Shut Up And Dance and San Junipero are. It could also be really good since it’s sanwhiched between two huge kick in the nuts episodes.

D

Deuce

I feel like I mentioned it in this thread back after season 1, but The Good Place proved again it’s one of the best shows on tv this season.

And Im not just saying that because a character has an obsession with a Blake Bortles.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I feel like I mentioned it in this thread back after season 1, but The Good Place proved again it’s one of the best shows on tv this season.

And Im not just saying that because a character has an obsession with a Blake Bortles.
Huh. I didn’t realize that show had a retarded character.

junk

Not So New Member
The worst with that is I've been waiting for the next damn book to be released and the show now. And it sucks because I'm actually really eager to read the next book because it has split away from the show pretty significantly. But there is no date certain on that either. It was supposed to have been out by now.
I wouldn't be surprised if he never finishes the series.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't be surprised if he never finishes the series.
There is some speculation that he has been working on the Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring at the same time. I'm just hoping Winds of Winter gets released at some point in 2018 and A Dream of Spring before the man dies. It's crazy really how slow he works. I only read all the book in the last year or so. But I couldn't even imagine if I read the first book when it came out and then waited 5 years at a time to read the next one. Just insanity to me.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
There is some speculation that he has been working on the Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring at the same time. I'm just hoping Winds of Winter gets released at some point in 2018 and A Dream of Spring before the man dies. It's crazy really how slow he works. I only read all the book in the last year or so. But I couldn't even imagine if I read the first book when it came out and then waited 5 years at a time to read the next one. Just insanity to me.
Unfortunately that was/is my life.....

Top Bottom