TV Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
They are betting Trekkie nerds will pay. And they are probably right.
My wife's family is big time fans of the series. They have been to some of the Trekkie conventions but they laugh about paying for it. Im sure they will get some Trekkies but I don't think its going to be successful. Not a single Trek fan that I know personally is paying for it.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
With a little ingenuity, there is no need to pay.
Yea and trying to charge scifi fans who are generally more adept to alternate ways to watch pay shows isn't the the smartest move

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Did anyone bother watching the season premiere of 'The Walking Dead' last night? If so, was it any good or just the same slow storyline?

I tapped out after last season. A couple of months back I watched the season 8 trailer and I came away unimpressed.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Mindhunter is damn good.

Cotton

Staff member
Did anyone bother watching the season premiere of 'The Walking Dead' last night? If so, was it any good or just the same slow storyline?

I tapped out after last season. A couple of months back I watched the season 8 trailer and I came away unimpressed.
I haven't watched it yet, but will tonight. I'll let you know my findings tomorrow.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

It wasn't bad. Moved quickly, had some action.

Now next week will be a POS. That is how they roll.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I did not ask the service providing the show, dick.

That said, the Google search you made me perform shows that David Fincher is an executive producer. I am sold.

buckup

Brand New Member

I have been watching TWD since day one. For the most part I have been willing to forgive things like the Dumpster Death etc. I have even allowed Negan not to bother me with how over the top he is. I think he's actually reeled it back in a bit and has become interesting...in his spaghetti making ways. Maybe it started with the trash people...they completely grate on me. It's one thing to adopt a way of life after the world goes to pot, but their mannerisms and speech became altered too? Not buying it. Definitely not liking it.

This episode started out pretty good This episode's finish, however, was fucking terrible and has me thinking about dumping the show. I've already willing suspended my disbelief in that I'm watching a zombie apocalypse show but
the show totally fucking lost me when all the people that have been subjugated by the saviors band together to JUST. FUCKING. SIT. ON. THEIR. HANDS. It's a totally other thing when Midswat's mom sits on my hands though...that's tender and nice. I'm supposed to believe it when Rick is 15 feet away from Negan, with a a gun and with cover, that Rick is going to TALK to him? Negan is forcing himself on all these people and has bashed Rick's two good friends' heads in right in front him, tortured Rick, and then threatened to kill his son and chop off his hand and I'm supposed to understand that Rick is playing the long game (that, also, doesn't make any sense)? He has all Negan's captains in one spot, totally surprised and on the defensive against an armed group that has been under their heel, and I'm supposed to swallow the group giving his captains a chance to join them when they could just wipe them out? Nope.

Cotton

Staff member
I did not ask the service providing the show, dick.

That said, the Google search you made me perform shows that David Fincher is an executive producer. I am sold.
It's a damn good show. We have binged through about 8 episodes so far. It's very good.

Cotton

Staff member
I have been watching TWD since day one. For the most part I have been willing to forgive things like the Dumpster Death etc. I have even allowed Negan not to bother me with how over the top he is. I think he's actually reeled it back in a bit and has become interesting...in his spaghetti making ways. Maybe it started with the trash people...they completely grate on me. It's one thing to adopt a way of life after the world goes to pot, but their mannerisms and speech became altered too? Not buying it. Definitely not liking it.

This episode started out pretty good This episode's finish, however, was fucking terrible and has me thinking about dumping the show. I've already willing suspended my disbelief in that I'm watching a zombie apocalypse show but
the show totally fucking lost me when all the people that have been subjugated by the saviors band together to JUST. FUCKING. SIT. ON. THEIR. HANDS. It's a totally other thing when Midswat's mom sits on my hands though...that's tender and nice. I'm supposed to believe it when Rick is 15 feet away from Negan, with a a gun and with cover, that Rick is going to TALK to him? Negan is forcing himself on all these people and has bashed Rick's two good friends' heads in right in front him, tortured Rick, and then threatened to kill his son and chop off his hand and I'm supposed to understand that Rick is playing the long game (that, also, doesn't make any sense)? He has all Negan's captains in one spot, totally surprised and on the defensive against an armed group that has been under their heel, and I'm supposed to swallow the group giving his captains a chance to join them when they could just wipe them out? Nope.
Yeah, that's what I kept telling my wife. Why doesn't he just shoot the son of a bitch? He's right fucking there. I'm not sure I am done, but that was stupid.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
TWD

I can only think that they are trying to stay somewhat true with the graphic novels. Im also assuming that Negan stays around for awhile in the novels as I haven't read them. At least that's what I thought I read on here. Stil dumb how they did it. As if Negan would just come out facing all those guns. Im not done with he show at all. I still find it enjoyable even with these things and the slower story lines.

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life
My wife got a wild hair and decided we needed to watch Twin Peaks... (the early 90's one)

I'd rather let someone pull my fingernails out.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Stranger Things returns tomorrow.

Will they have the whole season to binge or releasing weekly?

Cotton

Staff member
Stranger Things returns tomorrow.

Will they have the whole season to binge or releasing weekly?
The whole season will be released at the same time. Binge party!

D

Deuce

I’m only 2 eps in on Mindhunter and I’m sticking with it, but that pilot was tough. Started good with the opening scene, but then super slow and plodding the rest of the show.

Ep 2 was better simply because of the creepiness factor of the prisoner.

Top Bottom