TV Thread

Jiggyfly

Banned
So Showtime is cleaning house. House of Lies and Penny Dreadful both have been announced that this last season was their last and they said next season of Episodes will be its last. All 3 are great and even though they still have a good lineup, it'll hurt them.

Roadies has potential, though.
I hear Power is good, I am going to catch up with that.

junk

Not So New Member
So.

I just finished binging the last 2 and a half seasons of Dexter I missed.

Season 6 ended ok.

Season 7 was ok but wasted some great characters.

Season 8 was WTF am I watching, The writers went from suspension of disbelief to not even trying to make sense anymore.

And the ending, I heard it was bad and actually never had it spoiled, I have no clue what they were going for.

Just terrible writing.:picard

But I am glad I actually finished it.
I never thought Dexter was particularly well written and certainly got worse as the seasons progressed. Michael C. Hall was outstanding throughout the series though.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I never thought Dexter was particularly well written and certainly got worse as the seasons progressed. Michael C. Hall was outstanding throughout the series though.
Once the Trinity season was over it was downhill and fast.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yeah it was never great writing and Hall was great throughout surprised he has not done much since.

He was also great in six feet under but that character was not much different than Dexter in his mannerisms.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Yeah it was never great writing and Hall was great throughout surprised he has not done much since.

He was also great in six feet under but that character was not much different than Dexter in his mannerisms.
He was good in Cold in July. It's a film adaptation of a Joe Lansdale crime novel.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
The deficiencies of the Dexter writing started to show when they left the source material. I haven't read the novels, but the first season was tightly written and moved toward a climax that felt satisfying because it paid off all the plot points that led up to it. It had good flashes after that, but kind of meandered overall.

Killing off Sgt. Doakes was a bad decision. That was a big source of tension, as he was the show's only antagonist that felt organic. Everything else was kind of contrived.

I still haven't gotten around to watching the final season.

D

Deuce

GOT finale was awesome.
Yes it was. What a phenomenal season all the way through.

RIP Margaery. I'll love her til the end. But Cersei pulling something like this had to happen. She's the ultimate villain. Now her up against a Dany/Dorne/Tyrell alliance should be good.

Throw own in a Dany/Jon Snow marriage to seal the deal and this story wraps up nicely.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Thanks. I don't get HBO. If the series had a finale maybe it will go Netflix or Amazon
It's on Netflix. Just not streaming.

Top Bottom