TV Thread

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Speaking of old shows, sometimes I'll watch part of an old MASH on an antenna channel just because I never saw it when I was a kid and wondered why it was such a phenomenon.

Sometimes on the serious topics, okay, I get it. But the humor is so, so bad. Endless loop of bad dad joke followed by bad pun. People really thought that stuff was funny back then?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I just watched episode 1 of Fallout. It was ok, not sure what it's missing but it's not quite grabbing me. Not sure if I'll watch the rest (I might, it wasn't bad).

I will say though that it's pretty woke and that's definitely turning me off a bit. Funnily it's not woke in the way I was afraid of (chick lead, but they didn't make her a badass (at least so far)). Instead they inserted a fucking tranny complete with fucking pronouns.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just watched episode 1 of Fallout. It was ok, not sure what it's missing but it's not quite grabbing me. Not sure if I'll watch the rest (I might, it wasn't bad).

I will say though that it's pretty woke and that's definitely turning me off a bit. Funnily it's not woke in the way I was afraid of (chick lead, but they didn't make her a badass (at least so far)). Instead they inserted a fucking tranny complete with fucking pronouns.
Funny, I assume you're talking about Dane? It didn't even register with me. I just kept wondering is that supposed to be a girl who is in love with Maximus? Or is that a boy who just looks girlish?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Funny, I assume you're talking about Dane? It didn't even register with me. I just kept wondering is that supposed to be a girl who is in love with Maximus? Or is that a boy who just looks girlish?
Yeah, it's a tranny. The leader even referred to her as "their" or "they" or whatever it was. :picard

It stuck out like a sore thumb to me and honestly pulled me out of the immersion. I'm guessing in a post apocalyptic world where people are struggling to survive, battling radiation, mutants and raiders, and trying to find clean food and water, this woke nonsense wouldn't be a thing.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, it's a tranny. The leader even referred to her as "their" or "they" or whatever it was. :picard

It stuck out like a sore thumb to me and honestly pulled me out of the immersion. I'm guessing in a post apocalyptic world where people are struggling to survive, battling radiation, mutants and raiders, and trying to find clean food and water, this woke nonsense wouldn't be a thing.
Yeah that is annoying. I enjoyed the show but at the same time wouldn't say I loved it. Visually it looked great but the only character I can say I really enjoyed was the Ghoul. The rest of the characters were kind of weak to me. I liked Lucy somewhat but she was almost too dumb. Glad she didn't end up being some super warrior ninja that I was afraid they would do.

Maximus I honestly felt like I was rooting against I liked him so little.

In hindsight it was pretty obvious they were going for the "diversity" thing. Female main character, black main supporting actor. Trans person who is the "best friend". It's like they had a check list where they needed to hit every group. And yes, Goggins was the white male main character as the Ghoul. And honestly he stole the show with his acting.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Fuck that shit.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Speaking of old shows, sometimes I'll watch part of an old MASH on an antenna channel just because I never saw it when I was a kid and wondered why it was such a phenomenon.

Sometimes on the serious topics, okay, I get it. But the humor is so, so bad. Endless loop of bad dad joke followed by bad pun. People really thought that stuff was funny back then?
MASH aired back in the day before cable TV took off. So people probably watched it because they didn't have many viewing options.

Its why practically every ratings record for most viewed TV show is some show that aired pre-1985.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

I don't watch this but came across the reveal. I think it has been weeks so probably won't ruin it for @boozeman

Top Bottom