Trump Told Russians That Firing ‘Nut Job’ Comey Eased Pressure From Investigation

townsend

Banned
Accepting fake news much? There are absolutely no formal charges for anything currently. Only unproven allegations. Stay between the lines.
There are plenty of proven allegations. Mike Flynn was definitely working for foreign governments, had definitely been identified as a security risk, definitely has taken money from Russia (against the Pentagon's instructions), definitely has made security decisions that positively impacted Turkey (who he has registered as a foreign agent towards), absolutely was given access to America's most vital national secrets despite being, by all appearances, a Russian intelligence asset.

It's fine to "wait and see" but don't ignore stuff that's already on public record. By the information we absolutely know, it seems to me that Mike Flynn is guilty of a lot of crimes up to and including treason.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
There are always aggravating and mitigating factors when sentencing but the sentencing on Clinton and Trump would be the same - removal from office and not much else. Well, Clinton was actually disbarred as well but it's not like he needed his license anymore. But that's how you know there was something actually wrong.
Yeah I think you and I both know how serious being disbarred is, and at least in Missouri it doesn't happen lightly. And my understanding is that the disbarment of both his Arkansas license and his Supreme Court license was in exchange for not having criminal charges filed against him. So I guess he was never criminally convicted of perjury that was the reason for it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Obstruction of justice. He fired Comey to stifle the Russia investigation by his own admission.

Comey memos (and Comey's impending testimony), and what Trump told the Russians about pressure, should prove to a reasonable person that he did willfully interfere with the Russia investigation.
We heard different versions. Even Comey said no one has ever approached him to impedance or change an investigation. He stated that last week to an investigative body.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
There are always aggravating and mitigating factors when sentencing but the sentencing on Clinton and Trump would be the same - removal from office and not much else. Well, Clinton was actually disbarred as well but it's not like he needed his license anymore. But that's how you know there was something actually wrong.
Clinton wasn't removed from office.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
There are plenty of proven allegations. Mike Flynn was definitely working for foreign governments, had definitely been identified as a security risk, definitely has taken money from Russia (against the Pentagon's instructions), definitely has made security decisions that positively impacted Turkey (who he has registered as a foreign agent towards), absolutely was given access to America's most vital national secrets despite being, by all appearances, a Russian intelligence asset.

It's fine to "wait and see" but don't ignore stuff that's already on public record. By the information we absolutely know, it seems to me that Mike Flynn is guilty of a lot of crimes up to and including treason.
None of which is obstruction of justice or colluding to change an election. You are out of the blocks to quick on that. He is guilty of not reporting and not registering. That doesn't make a leap to anything else.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
To those on the left: You'd have so much more credibility if you could maintain some calmness and dignity in your Trump criticism. You're like a bunch of unhinged children throwing tantrums in the supermarket right now.

This from someone who is a conservative politically but isn't a big Trump fan by any means. I did think he was the lesser of two evils compared to Hillary, but I went to the primary specifically to vote against him because I always thought he had the potential for disaster.

But you guys are constantly screaming against him as if the disaster has already happened, and it hasn't.

townsend

Banned
Clinton wasn't removed from office.
it seems like removal from office, or impeachment for that matter isn't a legal decision. It's decided by legislators not judges, or a jury.

I'm kind of confused how much presidents are insulated from criminal prosecution. If Mueller's investigation found Trump was guilty of everything, could the congress still block it?

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
To those on the left: You'd have so much more credibility if you could maintain some calmness and dignity in your Trump criticism. You're like a bunch of unhinged children throwing tantrums in the supermarket right now.

This from someone who is a conservative politically but isn't a big Trump fan by any means. I did think he was the lesser of two evils compared to Hillary, but I went to the primary specifically to vote against him because I always thought he had the potential for disaster.

But you guys are constantly screaming against him as if the disaster has already happened, and it hasn't.

I don't know about that, I think him being POTUS is a disaster...:art

townsend

Banned

Neither Hillary nor Trump, was anyone's first choice, and you don't have to blame the left, 48% of the population is in favor of impeachment this isn't a political fringe.

Whether or not Trump's guilty of anything there's more problems in his administration than any in modern history. Just Mike Flynn's appointment is pretty unforgivable, even without the obvious obstruction. Add to that the intelligence given to the Russians and you have the worst few months of any modern presidency. That doesn't even include Whitehouse having Devin Nunes derail the house investigation on Trump's behalf.

And even excluding all of that Trump's nepotism, his Breitbart filled advisors, his poorly constructed cabinet, his immense conflicts of interest, his childish twitter rants, his shitty failed Muslim ban, and his garbage healthcare bill all point to a snakebit presidency run by a complete amateur.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
But you really aren't affected are you?
When the US economy sneezes Mexico gets pneumonia.
Besides I'm in the import / export business and Trump has brought instability to the money market, so yes it has affected me and Mexico as a whole.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
When the US economy sneezes Mexico gets pneumonia.
Besides I'm in the import / export business and Trump has brought instability to the money market, so yes it has affected me and Mexico as a whole.
Import/export, huh? Is the coming legalization of weed hitting you in the wallet? Opinions on the increased opioid expansion as a result?

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Import/export, huh? Is the coming legalization of weed hitting you in the wallet? Opinions on the increased opioid expansion as a result?
:lol
I wish, you wouldn't need but my donations and there would be 4 yearly DCC reunions on my tab...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

100% this.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yes I know. If he had been convicted that would have been his punishment, removal from office.
He was impeached for Lying under oath and obstruction of Justice by congress. His matter never reached a court but congress could have removed him had they chose to do so.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
He was impeached for Lying under oath and obstruction of Justice by congress. His matter never reached a court but congress could have removed him had they chose to do so.
Yes, that's called conviction by the Senate and it's what I'm referring to.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_in_the_United_States

The senate conducts the trial and then convicts or acquits. If convicted, you are removed from office.

You could face separate state or federal charges, but Clinton never would have faced those regardless of the outcome of his Senate trial and Trump will not either. He'd be pardoned by Pence first like Nixon was by Ford.

2233boys

Not So New Member

I am embarrassed that he is our president. In my opinion, he is clearly unqualified, and not capable of of doing the job, even remotely adequately. That said, the stuff coming out every day about him and his administration make me laugh.

I don't believe I have invoked the impeach his ass line, but that would make me laugh at him too.

I get everyone on the right's qualms over voting for Hillary. She is shady as hell, but she was at least capable of doing the job.

I voted for her and felt dirty and like a betrayed my values in doing so. If I knew she was going to lose PA anyway, I wouldn't have. I have more respect for the voters who voted their values, and voted third party. (that goes for my vote to, I fell to the pressure that many conservatives may have feel to as well)

I do know this, I wouldn't be defending my vote had I voted for Trump right now, like I see many of his cult followers doing.

Top Bottom